Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Upper Chest lagging, I need good exercises ?

John89231

My upper chest is really lagging, what is a formula of exercises I can use to bring it up to par and maybe even have it as my strong point. When I see a guy with a big upper chest it's really impressive. I've tried incline DB's and it really hasn't done much I really feel so much of it in my shoulders and Tri's when doing incline Dumbells....

Please understand that I am not a BBer, but a strength athlete.

That said, nothing, and I mean no other exercises have added mass to my upper chest more than clean & press/jerk and the standing overhead press. I think that the key here is my technique. When I have the bar in the receiving position (resting on my upper chest/throat) I am looking up at the ceiling at a target I am aiming for when I press. This has the effect of slightly arching my back, and I get pec involvement during the press until I bring my head through my arms to complete the movement.

One other point, is that I am doing all of this with a 2" axle bar. I have no idea if that makes any difference, but I wanted to include that detail for clarity.

B-

try a verry slight incline on bench and hit some standing overhead presses. adjustable benches are usually no good because the lowest setting is to high. i put a 45lb plate under each side of the legs to get my incline and hit the db presses.

I use either a low 30 degree incline press or when able position it to bench to the throat...which is an old school method from the glory days of Reg Park and Vince Gironda. Also I like incline flyes.

i forgot about the flys. they are good to.

i dont get how u can hit upper/mid/lower chest when it doesnt have differant heads like the biceps or quads and differant parts dont have differant functions like the upper traps pulling the shoulders up and the mid traps pulling the shoulders back/together.

If the case is that you can hit upper and lower parts how come people never talk about "hey i wanna add mass to my upper deltoid how can i do that the lower part is swole but my upper shoulders lag" ?

or the same with anyother muscle deltoid was just the 1st i thought of

there is no proof of either theory. there are beleivers in both. my chest develops just fine with flat. i just add the slight incline for variation. but i have always done dips and overhead shoulder work to so who knows.

there is no proof of either theory. there are beleivers in both. my chest develops just fine with flat. i just add the slight incline for variation. but i have always done dips and overhead shoulder work to so who knows.

flat db and deep dips are my fav's too!

standing incline b flies. set the incline bench high, stand back, leaning on the nech for stability. your head should be tilted back and move through the range of motion where you emphasis stress on the upper pecs.

Top Bottom