Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Update on the thyroid panels...

T

The Shadow

...well, she spent some dough and had a full Thyroid panel. T-3, T-4, Reverse T-3 and TSH. All on the low end, but still normal range. If you will remember, she (45 years old and 185 pounds) is the one with a depressed heartrate.(60-70 bmp AFTER a workout).

During our discussion, she informed me that she has NOT been following the 40/30/30 diet I put together for her. Instead she took her "Doctor's" advice:
900 (70% Carbs) calories per day with 400 calories of cardio. I'm surprised that she hasn't GAINED any weight over the last three weeks.

I told her not to waste my time or her money any longer.
I said that if you do what you have always done, you will get what you've always gotten. She got pissed and left.

What the fuck-ever.

Is that 900 calories per DAY???? Jeez, that's a great way to start yoyo dieting. I've seen 3 docs and gotten 3 full blood workups in the last 6 months. The first doc wasn't paying attention and ended up prescribing phentermine. The second one tried to sell me GH (anti-aging institute) at hugely inflated prices, while trying to hit on me (eewwwwwwwwww!) and the third listened closely, gave me the req to get the bloodwork done, and then left the practice.

In general, doctors are neither sports experts nor nutritionists. I think the biggest hole in medicine is an understanding of nutrition. Most docs will probably agree that they are painfully behind the times. Couple that w/ all the confusing hype around supplements, quick weight loss schemes and trainers cruising around all the gyms. It gets terribly frustrating trying to deal w/ a weight problem. Worse yet, if you actually start trying a particular program, it takes time to see any sort of results - and during this whole time you are still either stuck w/ the weight or probably gaining.

Bottom line is you have to start educating yourself as well. Sorry to hear about your client, but maybe she'll come back to you after she realizes she's starving and still gaining weight, getting depressed, the doc prescribes some anti-depressant and then she gets even fatter. LOL!

Sassafras...

...you ain't gonna believe this.

She just called and said:

"BTW - the Doc. called me in a script for some diet pills so I won't need your services anymore."

"OK. Can I ask a question?"

"I guess."

"What did he prescribe you?"

"Phen...something."

"Phenteramine?"

"Yes, I think that's it."

"Ok - well, good luck to you"

*Click*

Can you believe that??

BTW - Great pics of the view. I'm not sure if my reply got to you. My elite addy is screwed up. Lucky Girlie!!

""BTW - the Doc. called me in a script for some diet pills so I won't need your services anymore."

Well, that will be HER loss - and I don't mean weight. If she does lose any, she'll probably gain it back and then some. Meanwhile her health and dietary habits will get worse.

You tried to help her, but I'm convinced some people are happiest when they get some sort of pill. (even if it doesn't work as well)

FabFitFossil...

FitFossil said:
""BTW - the Doc. called me in a script for some diet pills so I won't need your services anymore."

Well, that will be HER loss - and I don't mean weight. If she does lose any, she'll probably gain it back and then some. Meanwhile her health and dietary habits will get worse.

You tried to help her, but I'm convinced some people are happiest when they get some sort of pill. (even if it doesn't work as well)

...thanks Girlie. I don't understand people. Generally women are MUCH better clients to train. Y'all tend to listen and concentrate on form over weight. The situation is really sad. She hsd just gotten a divorce, and I really thought that would be the driving motivation she would need.

She was ALREADY on Metabolife. I wonder if she told her Doc that??

I worked as an instructor in a weight room for a while. It's pretty frustrating.

You can't help people who don't want to be helped. There are so many people out there looking for the EASY way, the shortcut, the immediate results. They don't want to listen to reason, or put in the hours and dedication needed for lasting results. That's why diet aids are such a big business.

Good for you for kissing her goodbye.

super said:
I worked as an instructor in a weight room for a while. It's pretty frustrating.

You can't help people who don't want to be helped. There are so many people out there looking for the EASY way, the shortcut, the immediate results. They don't want to listen to reason, or put in the hours and dedication needed for lasting results. That's why diet aids are such a big business.

Good for you for kissing her goodbye.

TO give her credit - I really kicked her butt on the workouts and I monitored her cardio as well. I don't get why someone would put that much effort into the HARD stuff, and slack on the diet, which is the easiest thing to control.

HAHA
"BTW - the Doc. called me in a script for some diet pills so I won't need your services anymore."

The doc would call in a script for gout medicine if she whined loud enough. This exactly illustrates the lack of understanding of nutrition in the medical industry. Quick fix in a bottle. BTW - is your (ex) client taking any thermogenics? I wondered if lots of ephedrine (and not cycling it) could affect this? So just throw in some phentermine - or "speed" as its called on the street LOL!
I hope she can handle the buzz.

"I don't get why someone would put that much effort into the HARD stuff, and slack on the diet, which is the easiest thing to control...."

You just described me to a T (the former me that is! :) )

I used to think I could eat whatever I wanted as long as I trained hard. I looked "ok" but really wasn't happy. As a former anorexic/bulimic, I just didn't think I could start messing with my diet. Previous attempts always backfired. Even though I already knew my diet was the missing link, I couldn't change.

When I started keeping a log book of my workouts, things DID start changing. I could SEE how hard I was working. Because I wanted to see my weights and reps improve (another compulsion of mine), I knew that the only thing left was diet, as my body could not do any more. Bit by bit I made changes, and over time those changes really added up. As my diet improved, I was "amazed" how much easier my workouts got and how I was able to do even more.

I met and exceeded the goals I had, and continue to set even higher goals. I look in the mirror and sometimes don't even recognize myself. I am a completely different person now - inside and out!

FitFossil said:
"I don't get why someone would put that much effort into the HARD stuff, and slack on the diet, which is the easiest thing to control...."

You just described me to a T (the former me that is! :) )

I used to think I could eat whatever I wanted as long as I trained hard. I looked "ok" but really wasn't happy. As a former anorexic/bulimic, I just didn't think I could start messing with my diet. Previous attempts always backfired. Even though I already knew my diet was the missing link, I couldn't change.

When I started keeping a log book of my workouts, things DID start changing. I could SEE how hard I was working. Because I wanted to see my weights and reps improve (another compulsion of mine), I knew that the only thing left was diet, as my body could not do any more. Bit by bit I made changes, and over time those changes really added up. As my diet improved, I was "amazed" how much easier my workouts got and how I was able to do even more.

I met and exceeded the goals I had, and continue to set even higher goals. I look in the mirror and sometimes don't even recognize myself. I am a completely different person now - inside and out!

I remember when you came on the board. I was THe SHadow then, until I lost my account.

Why don't you formulate what you just stated and put THAT in capsule form and sell it. You would make a fortune and people would actually get some results.

Top Bottom