Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tricep mass... From a BB's point of view

punch

So, we all want massive triceps!!

Question is, to achieve this are you better off performing heavy compound movements such as Close Grip bench and wieghted dips or heavy skull crushers and push downs.

From a BB's perspective it makes somewhat more sense to perform movements which target specific heads of the Tri.

What do you all view as the best methods to achieve well developed tris???

Just from a bulking standpoint, I saw the best growth when I hit em 2x a week from every angle, moderate to heavy along with my bi's.
I originally thought it would be overtraining, but somehow, it worked.

I was thinking that too. That is one thing I have not tried is training them twice a week. Not a bad idea bro.

close grip bench, heavy pressdowns, and db extensions have really helped mine. also, on my bench i've brought my grip in a lil and i think that has helped.

I think you need to cover the different angles, as for how you do it, I think all the above are valid. We could have the compound V's isolation debate but if we are talking about a muscle group like the tri's, its irrelevant. A muscle cell only knows to pull or not, what is causing that contrition is not an issue...

The way I train I hit various angles, compound and isolated, AND hit them twice a week.

...but I'm just a powerlifter. ;)

im a powerlifter/bodybuilder....... but i get the best from this. twice a week. one time heavy with db's, then heavy with barbell.

works really well with me.

X

I do bench, incline, and military press heavy 1x/week. But I'm just a powerlifter with 20 inch arms.

Top Bottom