Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

tricep, long head

jcam222

Can someone point me to the best exercise for developing the long head ot the tricep? I am cruising pretty nice on the visible appearance on the side of my arm but the underneath lags badly as in pretty much non existent. K to helpers

InTraining said:
Overhead tri extensions with a DB

do the db extension, but keep your elbows out, at a 90 degree angle from the body. you can do both arms are once, or one are at a time. if you do the at once, in the starting position, the arms will be extended centered over the chest, with the elbows pointed out (the flat parts of the db's should be touching.) as you are bringing the arms down try to keep the centered on the chest (as close to possible, as the size of the db's will prevent this. i just use this for the description.) when you get the the bottom, the db's should touch the chest, and the elbows should be pointed out. now extend back up to the starting position.
if you want to do them one arm at a time. its pretty much the same as described before. but when in the starting position, hold your arm that is extended with your other hand, this is to prevent it from moving. this time when you lower the weight, bring it down to your opposing pectoral.
if i had to pick one over the other, it would be with both arms at the same time. give a try, and tell me what you think.
i have another exercise that i like to do for them. i described them in johnrobholmes thread called "having trouble getting my tri's to contract." here's a link to the post....

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=343527

hope these help you out.

Top Bottom