Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tribestan

For libido and well being..it has some effect in my experience.
For muscle, zero because it does not raise testosterone

I used it once - it's simply a name brad trib product. A few decades ago it was thought that it could help impotence and increase sex drive. Its effectivness has been debated for years. Persoanlly, when I do use Tribulus, I don't see much of a difference in anything. I've taken up to 2.5g a day.

Nelson Montana said:
The problem with trib is that is increases LH but not in guys with low T, older men, or those suppressed from cycles -- in other words, the one's who need it the most! It can also increase estrogen which may possibly increase libido.

Okay, gotta go with a shameless plug this time. Just read the info on "Unleashed." It's simply so much better. Tribastan is an outdated supp.

HOLY SHIT! Where the hell have YOU been? I haven't seen you post in YEARS!

Tribulus does work for boost sex drive, erection etc.
OBJECTIVE: Apart from its claims for improvement of sexual functions in men, the puncturevine plant (Tribulus terrestris: TT) has long been considered as an energizer and vitalizer in the indigenous system of medicine. Sexual behavior and intracavernous pressure (ICP) measurements were taken in rats to scientifically validate the claim of TT [containing protodioscin (PTN)] as an aphrodisiac. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Forty sexually mature male Sprague-Dawley rats were randomly divided into four groups of 10 each. Group I served as a control group and groups II, III, and IV were treated with three different doses of TT extract (2.5, 5 and 10 mg/kg body weight, respectively), orally, once daily for 8 weeks. Weight was recorded and the rats from all four groups were subjected to sexual behavior studies with primed females and various parameters namely mount and intromission frequencies (MF and IF, respectively), mount, intromission and ejaculation latencies (ML, IL, and EL, respectively) as well as postejaculatory interval (PEI) were recorded. In addition, blood pressure and ICP were recorded for all rats at the end of study. RESULTS: Increases in body weight (by 9, 23, and 18% for groups II, III & IV) and ICP (by 43% and 26% for groups III and IV) were statistically significant compared to the control group. Increases in MF (by 27% and 24%) and IF (by 19% and 22%) for the groups III and IV were statistically significant. Decreases in ML (by 16%, 23%, and 22% for groups II, III, and IV) and PEI (by 20% for group III) were statistically significant compared to the control. CONCLUSIONS: The weight gain and improvement in sexual behavior parameters observed in rats could be secondary to the androgen increasing property of TT (PTN) that was observed in our earlier study on primates. The increase in ICP which confirms the proerectile aphrodisiac property of TT could possibly be the result of an increase in androgen and subsequent release of nitric oxide from the nerve endings innervating the corpus cavernosum.

What works for rats nearly always works for humans, an there is also anecdotal evidence for it working in humans.
The mode of action is probably not due to rising testosterone levels however:

The aphrodisiac herb Tribulus terrestris does not influence the androgen production in young men.Neychev VK, Mitev VI.
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Medical University, 2 Zdrave str., Sofia-1431, Bulgaria. [email protected]

OBJECTIVE: The aim of the current study is to investigate the influence of Tribulus terrestris extract on androgen metabolism in young males. DESIGN AND METHODS: Twenty-one healthy young 20-36 years old men with body weight ranging from 60 to 125 kg were randomly separated into three groups-two experimental (each n=7) and a control (placebo) one (n=7). The experimental groups were named TT1 and TT2 and the subjects were assigned to consume 20 and 10 mg/kg body weight per day of Tribulus terrestris extract, respectively, separated into three daily intakes for 4 weeks. Testosterone, androstenedione and luteinizing hormone levels in the serum were measured 24 h before supplementation (clear probe), and at 24, 72, 240, 408 and 576 h from the beginning of the supplementation. RESULTS: There was no significant difference between Tribulus terrestris supplemented groups and controls in the serum testosterone (TT1 (mean+/-S.D.: 15.75+/-1.75 nmol/l); TT2 (mean+/-S.D.: 16.32+/-1.57 nmol/l); controls (mean+/-S.D.: 17.74+/-1.09 nmol/l) (p>0.05)), androstenedione (TT1 (mean+/-S.D.: 1.927+/-0.126 ng/ml); TT2 (mean+/-S.D.: 2.026+/-0.256 ng/ml); controls (mean+/-S.D.: 1.952+/-0.236 ng/ml) (p>0.05)) or luteinizing hormone (TT1 (mean+/-S.D.: 4.662+/-0.274U/l); TT2 (mean+/-S.D.: 4.103+/-0.869U/l); controls (mean+/-S.D.: 4.170+/-0.406U/l) (p>0.05)) levels. All results were within the normal range. The findings in the current study anticipate that Tribulus terrestris steroid saponins possess neither direct nor indirect androgen-increasing properties. The study will be extended in the clarifying the probable mode of action of Tribulus terrestris steroid saponins.

pursuit said:
What works for rats nearly always works for humans, an there is also anecdotal evidence for it working in humans.

Yeah, but results are often extrapolated a bit too far when it comes to effects on the endocrine system. These here are good studies, but I've seen some wierd rat studies copied that the OP obviously never read... or a person pushing something was trying to obfuscate.

While they can be long and annoying to read sometimes, I strongly suggest members to always read the full studys of what others post... never think twice in asking the OP or sponsor to explain what something means in a study. I saw a past sponsor use a study to push a product which involved obese 45-65 year old men with low testosterone... which had absolutely nothing to do with the product, lol... and no one said anything.

:cow:

Top Bottom