Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

training split

wolverineman

I'm bored with my workouts and just looking for some ideas. What do your guys splits look like?
My current:
mon: chest, tris
wed: back, bis
fri: shoulders, traps
sat: legs

wolverineman said:
I'm bored with my workouts and just looking for some ideas. What do your guys splits look like?
My current:
mon: chest, tris
wed: back, bis
fri: shoulders, traps
sat: legs
If I was you I wouldnt do chest and tris on same day, same goes for back and bis on same day. It's no good.

yomama said:
If I was you I wouldnt do chest and tris on same day, same goes for back and bis on same day. It's no good.

Where you read that one?...I've always thought it's good to train the secondary muscle on the same day as the primary, however, you don't do as many sets...Like after doing 12-15 sets for the back...you do about 4-5 set for the biceps and call it a day....It's always worked for me and my biceps are the best developed muscle on my body! The same with Chest and tris!

yomama said:

Well some people says that because when you train chest you are using tris and when you train back you are using your bis. That means the changes to overtrain tris and bis are higher but eveyone reacts different to workout schedules. One thing that works for everyone, variety.

how about this "split"...

day 1 chest
day 2 back
day 3 tris, lower abs
day 4 biceps, upper abs
day 5 shoulders
day 6 legs, abs
day 7 rest (much needed)

In my opinion i have NEVER had as good of a tricep workout directly after chest as I have when taking a full day for tris...NO WAY

I just changed mine to:

Mon - Legs(quad, ham, calf)
Tue - Back and abs
Tues - Chest and cardio
Thurs - Cardio abs
Fri - Shoulders and calf
Sat - Bis and Tris
Sun - Cardio and abs

I opt to put separation between primary and secondary muscles this training cycle in order to experience heavier lifts in both primary and secondary muscles. Although I do switch and work primary and secondary muscles the same day during some training cycles. Al about diversity and knowing how your body responds to what.

hammertime30 said:
Where you read that one?...I've always thought it's good to train the secondary muscle on the same day as the primary, however, you don't do as many sets...Like after doing 12-15 sets for the back...you do about 4-5 set for the biceps and call it a day....It's always worked for me and my biceps are the best developed muscle on my body! The same with Chest and tris!
Arnold never did it. This guy I know that used to compete, he was 6'2 or 3 and about 220 cut. That's where I got that info.

Top Bottom