Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training For Terrorism?

Paramedic

When I see the images of those helpless hostages on the evening news, knowing that they fate is to be beheaded, I wonder if anyone out there ever puts themselves into those situations and trains to counter-strike and evasion. Does anyone ever train to fight close-quarter? What if you are on a plane and 4 or 5 guys try to create another 9/11? It is scary to think that al-qaida operatives are in our country and have the balls to take someone hostage right here in our backyard, but it's possible, very possible..and would create a disturbing situation for all of us. There is not a Police Officer on every street corner, so what would it take for three or four men, to try to grab you while you are alone, or invade your home, take a video and then behead you....Terrorism like this is a real threat, I am training for the reality.

As a JKD guy, I'm surrounded by wannabe paramilitary ultimate system guys. On the flip side, I think it's good to train in tactical combat from time to time. I know that on a plane with narrow aisles isn't gonna allow me to do take downs or Thai kicks. So, silly and futile as it may seem, I would have to rely on my close quarter and weapons skills.
However, if one trains in scenarios and paramilitary type stuff all the time, they miss out on the importance of just getting in on the sparring and sluggin it out. Nothing develops contact skills like contact.
I've thought about the whole kidnapping in our own country. I think it could be a lot worse than it is. Think about all the churches, graduations and small gatherings that could be getting bombed due to unprotection.
I would have to say the best home protector or notifier would be a dog. A good Rotty or American Bulldog. The dog could at least give the victim enough time to get up and get the gun- to at least give him a fighting chance.
No amount of Kung Fu, BJJ or Thai is gonna thwart a 5 man hit team with AK-47's.
A gun is your only chance.

ROTTY!!!ROTTY!!!!ROTTY!!!!! I have a big 130 pound German Rotty waiting for a break in. When all else fails you, your trusty German Rott. won't. hahaha.

I think that this is a great thread and a fine point made by both of you guys. It is hard to train for the unexpected. You can be prepared, but never fully prepared. I'll keep my Rott. around just in case though. If I don't get them, than he will.

Damn..I feel left out now. I don't have a big dog (yet)...but I think I'm opting for the AM bully or a Dogge De Bordeau.

I told you danabolic55, I am going to breed Damien. You can get one of his pups. Champion bloodline and all the personality and attitude you could want!!!

jeremy glick was a judoka and trained at my school

Top Bottom