Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training after pec tear

leedawg77

I was just wondering if anyone has any advice for someone training after a pec tear. I tore my pec in two places nearly 2 years ago. I had a partial tear in the outer tendons where it attached to the shoulder. Them I had a rupture in the middle of the chest. Basically the way it was explained to me is that the outer skin tore and the muscle was able to dislodge outward. My whole right inner arm was purple from armpit to mid forearm.

I was told that the partial outer tear would repair itself. However that suturing muscle to muscle posed some real challenges and that the main tear would only be attempted by a few elite surgeons in the country. I ended up getting a 2nd and 3rd opinion and they agreed with the first. So me not being a millionaire or a professional athlete, it was never surgically repaired.

So now two years later, I am barely benching 255 in sets of 10 where I once was doing 330+ in sets of 10. I think fear of tearing it again plays a roll, but I also just don't seem to have the muscle capability that I did previously. The huge cavity in my right pectoral would seem to indicate this as well.

So has anyone else had experience coming back from a bad pectoral tear? Any advice and what can my realistic long term expectations be?

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom