Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Too high for too long, supraphysiological mini cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blumpkin pie

I've been on TRT for a couple of years now, and have come to realize a few things. My journey started with 5 grams of androgel and some HCG, and ended up taking me from a total testosterone in the low hundreds to one hovering around 1,500 ng/dL. Now, you can imagine the kind of things this drastic spike did to my body. I was essentially starved of test for quite awhile, and I think that was my doctors reasoning for leaving me up there to cruise so high, at least at first. A few months passed and still no request to lower any of my dosages by my doctor. At this point I sure as hell wasn't going to argue. I had gained 40 lbs in five months, and was feeling like..well the shit.

Fastforward to six months later and I started to notice something was off. That incredible muscle tone I had developed over the past year was slowly fading. Only because I was still looking and feeling good, did I ignore what was happening. As weeks passed, I started to realize I was getting smaller, which was strange because the scales hadn't budged. I weighed the same but looked as though I had lost 15 lbs or so. I go in to see the doc and check how everything's looking lab wise. Test is still up there, 900 ng/dL and E2 is in check. I had heard that for some transdermals eventually stop absorbing correctly, something with the stratum corneum or epidermis thickening, but I never thought anything of it because of the results androgel was giving me.

As time went on I knew something was definitely up. I made the switch to injections, first at 120 mg every two weeks, a shitty protocol for sure. That obviously didn't work so I was bumped up to 200 mg a week and have been there ever since (keep in mind this is two years after starting a gel). Recently I've been searching for answers on why everything shifted.
I thought maybe it was a thyroid issue, despite never really losing any weight, I had lost muscle and hyperthyrodisim could possible account for that. T4 and TSH both came up completely normal..which put an end to that potential theory. I then considered the possibility that after that much time with supraphysiological testosterone levels, I had developed an androgen resistance, or down regulation. After reading into that, I discovered that the scientific verdict on androgen receptor down regulation is that it doesn't occur, rather up regulation seems more fitting for real world results.

So that leaves me to consider that something goes haywire when testosterone levels are left out of that normal window, and into the supraphysiological range for too long. I've had my liver checked out, ALT, AST, all the enzymes and everything in range, nothing going on there. I also read into a few articles that mentioned insulin resistance as a result of supraphysiological testosterone levels. Maybe that has something to do with the muscle loss? But then again I've also had a fasting bs done that came back 90 (70-110) which still shows a normal sensitivity, and along with that I've had random blood sugars done that come back in the 70's and 80's, non-diabetic for sure.

Now I'm left wondering if I should keep throwing gasoline on this fire by staying on 200 mg of cyp a week, or move it down to 100 and see if any of this resolves itself. Any thoughts, comments? I've included pictures of when things were working and currently. I know this is TRT talk, but its more of a cruise with no blast IMO. I guess it'd also be nice to hear from those guys who do blast and cruise, and see how they feel.
thanks

Before pictures below

Maybe you need a new routine , you don't look out of shape by any means , what about diet training and also skin tone/ tan can be deceiving also. Just wondering cause if bloodwork shows everything is in check then I would assume the problem is elsewhere... Cortisol and stress levels? Just throwing ideas out there.

Ride it like you stole it!!

Maybe you need a new routine , you don't look out of shape by any means , what about diet training and also skin tone/ tan can be deceiving also. Just wondering cause if bloodwork shows everything is in check then I would assume the problem is elsewhere... Cortisol and stress levels? Just throwing ideas out there.

First off, thank you for the input! lol I was waiting for awhile. And yes, I understand that those variables can all be factored into changes, and there were definately some distinct differences (the tan being a major one). I feel so much smaller though, like scared to wear t-shirts smaller..which could be some body dysmorphism..but I know there is a difference..I can even tell in my facial structure. My face has become thinner and less tone, strange as that sounds.
I'm not really stressed and I sleep like a baby every night. I mentioned my thyroid checked out and I'm clearly not diabetic. I thought about lowering the test dosage, but I can't see what difference that would make. I know my appetite is extremely diminished, but that's probably just from being on test so long it doesn't have that effect anymore. I still eat a lot, just not as enjoyable. Its really hard to pin it down to one thing.

First off, thank you for the input! lol I was waiting for awhile. And yes, I understand that those variables can all be factored into changes, and there were definately some distinct differences (the tan being a major one). I feel so much smaller though, like scared to wear t-shirts smaller..which could be some body dysmorphism..but I know there is a difference..I can even tell in my facial structure. My face has become thinner and less tone, strange as that sounds.
I'm not really stressed and I sleep like a baby every night. I mentioned my thyroid checked out and I'm clearly not diabetic. I thought about lowering the test dosage, but I can't see what difference that would make. I know my appetite is extremely diminished, but that's probably just from being on test so long it doesn't have that effect anymore. I still eat a lot, just not as enjoyable. Its really hard to pin it down to one thing.

Yeah it's hard to say what it
Could be , I know stevemi is an expert in these areas maybe he will chime in here soon as I can only speculate. Do you notice anything else off such as sex drive or energy levels? What about gym performance?

Yeah it's hard to say what it
Could be , I know stevemi is an expert in these areas maybe he will chime in here soon as I can only speculate. Do you notice anything else off such as sex drive or energy levels? What about gym performance?

Sex drive's there, but I don't get rock hard's like I did at first, but morning wood's still there. I can get it up for sex so I'm not concerned really. I know there is a sort of tolerance at least for the brain aspect of testosterone. I have fairly decent energy levels as well, never feel too fatigued to go on. I'm not as motivated in the gym, but that's just because I feel like its almost useless anymore. Its really hard anymore just because I feel like it doesn't pay off. I considered cycling just a little more test and some deca but I figured that wouldn't help much and I shouldn't mess with it. It could be a million things, but hopefully stevemi will lend me a hand in this.

Sex drive's there, but I don't get rock hard's like I did at first, but morning wood's still there. I can get it up for sex so I'm not concerned really. I know there is a sort of tolerance at least for the brain aspect of testosterone. I have fairly decent energy levels as well, never feel too fatigued to go on. I'm not as motivated in the gym, but that's just because I feel like its almost useless anymore. Its really hard anymore just because I feel like it doesn't pay off. I considered cycling just a little more test and some deca but I figured that wouldn't help much and I shouldn't mess with it. It could be a million things, but hopefully stevemi will lend me a hand in this.

Well I wouldn't use deca period but that's my opinion. A 19 nor could only complicate things more until you find out what's up. I'd suggest trying something to up your free test levels, such as proviron, masteron, winny or some tbol are all good candidates. You shouldn't always try to add more compounds to attempt at a solution but a little proviron wouldn't hurt as it is very mild and works awesome;) there are also some good over the counter boosters to help reduce sbhg and give more "free test" or "unbound" .. I'd look into that.

Well I wouldn't use deca period but that's my opinion. A 19 nor could only complicate things more until you find out what's up. I'd suggest trying something to up your free test levels, such as proviron, masteron, winny or some tbol are all good candidates. You shouldn't always try to add more compounds to attempt at a solution but a little proviron wouldn't hurt as it is very mild and works awesome;) there are also some good over the counter boosters to help reduce sbhg and give more "free test" or "unbound" .. I'd look into that.

My free T came back 32 pg/mL range (9.3-26)
That seems fine, but you can never have too much free T eh? Can low SHBG cause problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom