Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

TITAN TRAINING / SERIOUS GROWTH... too much of a workload?

Monstar,
I've only been on this forum for about three weeks, and already, you have tried two different workouts and dismissed them for having too much volume. You will never make any real progress with anything until you learn to listen to what your body is telling you and adapt or adjust to it properly. No workout will work indefinitely, you have to be patient, attentive and open minded to change if you ever intend to succeed. A number of people have told you bluntly that you were trying to do too much cardio with this workout and that you would overtrain. Surprise, surprise, one week into it you are overtrained. Try it without the cardio or with slightly less volume, and work up to it. If you are searching for something that you can blindly follow to a "T" that will work immediately and indefinitely then you are going to be sorely disappointed. I don't mean to come off like a dick, but I am just trying to impart upon you an important lesson that it took me years to learn. That being there are no magic fixes, and that you must get to know your body and adapt with it. Good luck... Joe

As long as I'm understanding you correctly Monstar, you are saying that the workout suggests that you train to failure on every set. The Video that comes with the program says the direct opposite. Horine says that they suggest you NOT take each set to failure. Don't remember the reason(s) they stated off the top of my head. But I do remember that they said try not to take any of the sets to failure. If that means dropping weight, then drop weight.

You also asked how my training was going. Well, I must be the only person on this forum that really supports this TITAN training. One word "AWESOME". I've gained in every aspect to this date. Strength, weight...I even got comments from a couple friends that I look like I'm "gettin' bigger" since I started this new program. And these are friends that see me everyday. I would suggest that if you think the workload is too much...then I wouldn't do the workout. These guys really seem to have impressed me as to how much shit they know...and more importantly how they back up what they say. The things make sense. They designed the workout the way it is for specific reasons. So I'd either do it the way that they are calling for and stick with it...or maybe try some other workout better suited for you. I was a little disgruntled with the workout at first because I seemed to have lost strength and endurance for the first week and a half. They said in the video and manual that this would more than likely occur. They also said that you should be prepared for the gains which will happen after your body adapts to the new workload. And they were right on the money again. After week 2...taking Sat and Sun off and returning that next Monday...I felt like I could lift a house. I felt amazing. My strength and endurance were up significantly. Anyways...just wanted to put my 2 cents in. :D Later

Tronious,
Not sure if you want to mess with a good thing, but I would be curious what this workout would be like on a CKD, with your carb-up coinciding with the muscle rounds???? Any thoughts????
Joe

That's seems totally valid Joe...the only thing is that the book talks about how your body makes a transition to becoming basically a "fat burning" machine and using the fat for energy instead of the carbs. The only time I really take in a lot of carbs is post workout...I'll drink a big apple juice or something along with my protein shake. The other positive to this diet is that I get to eat bacon and sausage and butter and hamburgers. :biggrin: :biggrin:

But I dunno man...that seems like for those muscle rounds that the xtra carbs would help out...but like you said I don't think I'm gonna mess with somethin' that already seems to be workin' for me. As with always in liftin' what's good for the goose is not always good for the gander...the diet I'm on may not work as well another guy and what you proposed could very well be more effective.

Yeah tronious thats what I was thinking bro.. those carbs GOTTA help out your muscle rounds ya know what I mean? I mean its GOTTA! I dont know I am thinking about doing maybe a CKD along with Titan Training for ultimate fatloss and muscle strength/hypertrophy. Well see whats going on. I might bump the shit up though to an 8-Day cycle with such low carbs giving one more REST day after the first 2 days of training.

Top Bottom