Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Time to throw out Bill Starr's 5x5 routine.

ok between his posting 2 more threads and not responding in this one or the third one (I didn't read all of the second one) I'm pretty sure he's a troll
who do we alert?
the last thing the board needs is 'why to throw away a good training program part four' because I said so !

All I know is I have made more progress and gains with the 5X5 than any program I have previously done. Why it works and is it outdate? I don't know but it works and works well and I will continue to use it.

Everyone is different and responds differently to the same programs. So all I can say is if it doesn't work for you then do something else but that is no reason debunk a good training routine though.

Hey, yall, I know I kindof am late catching this thread but I feel like I just gotta reply to this one.
For 18 months I trained my ass off. # way split,3 on 1 off, every single set to failure, 15 sets per body part, the whole works guys. A classic Arnold, super high volume approach based purely on ignorance. And what did I get from it you ask? A super low bodyfat, and strength to match!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And 5 weeks ago I started the Bill Starr 5x5. I have since gained 7 pounds, 1 inch on my puny 20 inch thighs 3/8 of an inch on my puny 13 inch bicepts and 3/4 of an inch on my puny 38 inch chest. My waist has stayed at 30 inches, Im 5'11'' by the way at 158pounds now. Most importantly, I have gained 25 POUNDS ON SQUATS, 15 ON BENCH, 20 ON D.L, AND 30+ ON ROWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now the weights I lift are toys compared to most of you guys who have been at this for years, along with a super low body fat which is slowing my strength down, but even considering these factors, in fact even more so because of them, I am perfect proof of the effectiveness of the 5x5. I have gotten more strength, and growth in 5 weeks on the 5x5 than I got in 18 MONTHS of the super high volume, train to failure crap. Man I didnt believe in it either until I started putting up squats that had my ass stapled to the floor a month ago! If you doubt that the 5x5 kicks ass, give it 1 run, YOU WILL BECOME A BELIEVER!!!!!!! By the way, Im no trainer, or scientist. Im just a skinny little shit who is finally getting stronger. If Im getting these results on a program that needs "thrown out" tell me where you throw it so I can retrieve it and keep on!!!!!!!! Thanks guys just my 2c, by the way I have a journal on here ,lonetree, check out the numbers. They arent big like most of thses guys, but guess what. After almost 2 years of busting my ass going to failure and working out 6 days a week with almost no gains, its sure as hell nice to add 5 pounds a week to all my lifts!

I'm with you pwrhngry. I'm truly only a few weeks into my 5x5's (single factor) and my progression and body change is pretty drastic. If my pace keeps up by december I will be hitting 200 for reps on bench and max bench will be past 225, a long time goal for me. I still only weigh 138, but just wednesday my workset deadlift surpassed my weight (if this isnt an improvement in strength i dont know what is). I hope that my gains can stay close to linear for 3 or 4 months, but when they do taper off then the dual factor will be waiting with open arms.

Those open arms on the DF are coated with acid. Hold onto the SF as long as you can continue to make gains on it.

Top Bottom