Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

This may be a stupid question about carbs....

but if you're moving soon, that whole process is probably a little too much to get into

And I AM moving soon!! :) It's not even 2 weeks now!!

That shake sounds delicious! Have you ever tried soy peanut butter? I eat Soy Wonder and it is really delicious!

2 weeks!! must be excited (then it must be kinda sad to leave behind a beautiful place like bermuda.... in the winter you'll be itching to go back there in a big way! :) )

never tried soy peanut butter.... the all natural stuff is great though (just mushed peanuts, you get used to it, and the fats in it are great for you)

Peanut butter is great stuff! I love nuts in general. I have mixed nuts in the afternoon as part of my snack and so does this other guy in my office and there's this other girl here who kind of gives him grief for eating nuts b/c she says they're really bad for you b/c they're loaded with fat and I feel like shouting over the partition, "They're full of good fat and he eats them in moderation and they're a whole lot better than that ice cream bar after your sandwich w/ mayo and potato chips!"

As you can imagine, she's not exactly in the greatest shape - why do people who don't know what they're talking about talk the loudest and with the most authority in their voices?

the meso-tech chocolate peanut butter bar tastes great (a lot of protein bars taste like crap, and what's the sence of buying them if you can't swallow the nasty cardboard puke taste??) (don't get the nitro-tech... they taste crappy, if you get meso techs that are fresh, you can close your eyes and pretend that its a bad immitation reese peanut butter cup)

Phemomena - Just to let you know, I went today on my lunch break to buy a meso-tech bar but they didn't have them!! So I guess I'll just have to wait until I get to the U.S. to try one. I was looking at the nitro tech ones, just to see what was in them, and it made me start to wonder if all these high protein bars are really healthy? It seems as though they're the ultimate in processed food, which everyone on this board keeps saying to avoid.

Just wondering....

IG - Make HappyScrappy buy you a wide selection of quality protein bars so you can sample them - it could be a house warming gift!

IslandGirl said:

Phemomena - Just to let you know, I went today on my lunch break to buy a meso-tech bar but they didn't have them!! So I guess I'll just have to wait until I get to the U.S. to try one. I was looking at the nitro tech ones, just to see what was in them, and it made me start to wonder if all these high protein bars are really healthy? It seems as though they're the ultimate in processed food, which everyone on this board keeps saying to avoid.

Just wondering....

yeah, i know, some of it's pretty scary stuff... but i supplements fall under a separate category of 'genetically engineered to be good for you' foods... :)

whenever possible, it is good to stick to the good old unprocessed food, but otherwise, high quality protein bars/drinks are good, i believe most of the ingredients are amino acid chains and good sources of glyceron (simple carbs)...

Sassy69 said:
IG - Make HappyScrappy buy you a wide selection of quality protein bars so you can sample them - it could be a house warming gift!

Excellent idea! After all, I'm going to be the penniless grad school student and he's the one with the computer job! I hope he reads this thread :D

Top Bottom