Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Wisdom of Socrates

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have close to zero understanding of what I'm talking about, don't you. The ultimate irony, you have a small child, you should really fucking care about this stuff because we're talking about her future, which is kind of uh, nil in about 40 years. But you'll be dead by then so WTF, right?

No, I fully understand. But can you tell me just exactly what the fuck I can do about it?

I'm not going to lose a wink of sleep over something I can't fucking change, so why get your panties in a bunch? Corporations will do whatever the fuck they want no matter what you or I say, because money equals power. Get used to it.

Are they forced to use these pesticides?
Forced, no. It's a profit issue. You buy the pesticide infused seed and don't have to use pesticides down the road but the systemic pesticides are just that, systemic. They are insidious. With "regular" pesticides the bees can be confined when the planes spray.

What you need to remember is that farmers operate on a TINY, TINY profit margin, especially the farms that don't fall under big agribusiness. Then you've got a whole other problem because agribusiness is creating food deserts, they're utterly dependent on migrant bees which is highly stressful to the hives to begin with. Add in these new pesticide ridden seeds and it's a recipe for disaster.

Look, you and smurf are smart. You got Netflix, right? Watch the documentary "Vanishing of the Bees". It explains things far better than I can. Yeah, maybe there's a little bit of hippie tree hugging but OMG, what's so wrong with a little damned empathy for everything that shares this planet? Why is the concept that the world is a complete ecosystem instead of humans take and everything else gives until there's nothing left to give?

You have small children, doesn't the future matter one iota to any of you? Don't you care about the legacy of our generation?

We have a spot here in Carlsbad right near the beach. Million dollar homes, but people won't live there anymore. It's called the ring of cancer. Scientist think it's due to 50+ years of pesticides soaked into the soil from our avocado fields.

Lol I grow or kill almost all of the food my family eats on my own land

Good luck with all that cancer and shit

Lol I grow or kill almost all of the food my family eats on my own land

Good luck with all that cancer and shit
Eskimos living in the most desolate regions of this planet still have more than 3,000 recognizable chemicals in their blood and body fat. There is literally not one inch of this planet not contaminated by dioxins. While you have the right idea, your children have only a slightly lower risk of leukemia and brain cancer than anyone else.

And, honestly, how do you know that some industrial manufacturer didn't use land or water within XYZ miles of your home that's been leaching into the soil and water table. Because, believe all you want otherwise, they don't need to release any of that information voluntarily. Bitches like Erin Brokovich and the eco-assholes she works with (conservative terms, not mine) have to go digging for that information to expose the poisoning and abuses to innocent people who have been harmed.

I just eat McDonalds, its so processed its cancer free

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using EliteFitness
Umm, did I ever tell you about McDonalds? Okay, husband and I camped at Watkin's Glen park for a week. We hiked this lovely, untouched natural cavern nearly every day of the week. The first day we hiked it someone dumped Mickey D's fries (why do I know this? I picked up the cardboard container to toss into the recycling) at the beginning of the trail. The fries were on a rock ledge. Beautiful, natural setting, full of wildlife, remember this.

Seven days later the EXACT same amount of fries were sitting on that rock. Untouched. No ants, no birds, no nothing. McD's isn't food ... the shit is considered NON food by anything that has enough sense in it's head to perceive what it truly is comprised of.

This was also proved by the guy who did the original 30 Days movie, if you go into the DVD extras. McD's fries are as much food as say, kitty litter or latex paint. They don't rot or decompose, they are untouched by fungus or insects. You'd probably be healthier eating the cardboard they're served in.

Forced, no. It's a profit issue. You buy the pesticide infused seed and don't have to use pesticides down the road but the systemic pesticides are just that, systemic. They are insidious. With "regular" pesticides the bees can be confined when the planes spray.

What you need to remember is that farmers operate on a TINY, TINY profit margin, especially the farms that don't fall under big agribusiness. Then you've got a whole other problem because agribusiness is creating food deserts, they're utterly dependent on migrant bees which is highly stressful to the hives to begin with. Add in these new pesticide ridden seeds and it's a recipe for disaster.

Look, you and smurf are smart. You got Netflix, right? Watch the documentary "Vanishing of the Bees". It explains things far better than I can. Yeah, maybe there's a little bit of hippie tree hugging but OMG, what's so wrong with a little damned empathy for everything that shares this planet? Why is the concept that the world is a complete ecosystem instead of humans take and everything else gives until there's nothing left to give?

You have small children, doesn't the future matter one iota to any of you? Don't you care about the legacy of our generation?

Which farmers operate on a tiny profit margin? Serious question, because around here as long as they turn a good crop these farmers are ballin' out of control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom