Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Mr O results...

Guts should be am auto dq its insane that Coleman keeps winning considering he hasn't looked GREAT in years, yea he's a monster and a specimen but still its not aesthetically pleasing in the slightest YUCK.

Ive not even bothered following all this shit the last 3 years, I only check the results hoping for Coleman to be knocked off for once

Lee Priest is the man, BBing needs more demigods like him. Then maybe the sport would be better. Endless possibilities: KFC commercials, etc.

That's all I wanted to contribute to this thread. Carry on.

:cow:

Gambino said:
funny i don't think pl'ing was mentioned by anybody except AAP...no one has addressed my original beef that the same mofo wins it yr in and out...how do you expect to attract viewers when everyone knows the outcome? think about it bor, no other sport has their been a 8 time in a row champion, let alone a history of the same dude winning every time. this has nothing to do with pl'ing...

How can there be a different winner every year? Once a man is on top he isn't going to give up until he has to, and people can't just gain 20lbs of muscle at will to rise above him. Building muscle takes a long time so it makes sense that the same person is winner for 5+ years. It's not like 2nd place can just decide to step it up....cutler is already going as hard as possible....there is a limit on how fast a person can build muscle....that is the reason why the standings don't change much....

chewyxrage said:
How can there be a different winner every year? Once a man is on top he isn't going to give up until he has to, and people can't just gain 20lbs of muscle at will to rise above him. Building muscle takes a long time so it makes sense that the same person is winner for 5+ years. It's not like 2nd place can just decide to step it up....cutler is already going as hard as possible....there is a limit on how fast a person can build muscle....that is the reason why the standings don't change much....

and that is one of the reasons why bb'ing will never get props in the sporting community

AAP said:
From Flexonline - which went out of their way to make Ronnie look like shit in the pictures. I dont' get it. Their pictures were so obviously misleading. The only reason I can think of is that they were trying a bait and switch type marketing ploy to still get people to sign up for the PPV.

Eighth Wonder of the World

Written by: Michael Berg, Flex Executive Editor

For the first time since Ronnie Coleman won the Sandow in 1998, a competitor caught him from behind. That man was Jay Cutler, and whenever the two went mano-a-mano in a back pose, it was evident how far Cutler had come in his development. In a feat many thought would never happen, Coleman, he of the freaky mass and stunning detail in his lats, mid-back and traps, was far from a shoo-in on this pose.
However, in the end, even that wasn't enough to stop the reign of Coleman, who made it eight in a row, tying him with Lee Haney for the Olympia record.

All told, this Olympia had more than its share of trauma, drama and controversy. From the opening segment of the night show, when powerlifter Gene Rychalik took the stage to attempt to break his all-time bench press record and press 1,015 pounds, only to end up broken himself under the bar as his try went awry, it was a crazy night. There were disgruntled athletes backstage, crying foul over the supposed "belly ban" that didn't seem to alter the scores in any way. You had wasp-waisted David Henry and Kris Dim out of the top 10, the most overlooked bodybuilder in the show in Darrem Charles crashing into ninth (when he just as easily could have been as high as third), and you had a top six where again the mass monsters dominated - mighty Dennis James in sixth, massive Gunter Schlierkamp in fourth, and of course Coleman and Cutler in the top two spots. (Sandwiched in between were a very happy Victor Martinez in fifth and Gustavo Badell notching third for the second year in a row, an accomplishment he should be truly proud of.)

As part of the proceedings, the second-ever Challenge Round was held, as judged by former Mr. Olympias Larry Scott, Sergio Oliva, Frank Zane, Samir Bannout and Dorian Yates. A few technical difficulties marred the round, but in the end Gustavo Badell emerged the victor, $25,000 richer for the effort. Interestingly, during the round (which didn't count in the overall standings), Coleman lost a few poses, including a side triceps to both Cutler and Badell, and the tiebreaker, which was a general pose-off between him and Badell.

Other notable finishes on this 40th anniversary of the greatest show in bodybuilding include Jordan's Mustafa Mohammad breaking into the top 10, Branch Warren maintaining his roll - he won two pro shows in the past month - by coming in eighth, and Melvin Anthony, who clocked in at No. 7. California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger also made an appearance, stepping on stage with Joe Weider, who was honored with a standing ovation after the two spoke to the capacity crowd.

While the show ended much like seven others before it - Coleman flat on the floor as the announcement of second place was made, overwhelmed by his moment of triumph - the chain of events to that point was anything but ordinary. This was a Mr. Olympia that - for better or worse - will be talked about in bodybuilding circles for a long time.

2005 MR. OLYMPIA RESULTS

1 Ronnie Coleman
2 Jay Cutler
3 Gustavo Badell
4 Gunther Schlierkamp
5 Victor Martinez
6 Dennis James
7 Melvin Anthony
8 Branch Warren
9 Darrem Charles
10 Mustafa Mohammad
11 Johnnie Jackson
12 George Farah
13 Chris Cormier
14 David Henry
15 Markus Ruhl
Top six qualify for 2006 Mr. Olympia

Did not make top 15

Kris Dim
Alexander Fedorov
Craig Richardson
Ronny Rockell
Mike Sheridan
Quincy Taylor

Now on a side note... I am SOOOO glad Cormier bombed out. I only wish Priest was still in so he could kick sand in his face. Now we will have to listen to Cormier for 12 months complain about it in MD magazine.
Badell got third, which I hate. For no other reason than that fucked up side chest pose he does. Bitch needs to learn to pose.
Vic M place ahead of Darrem. WTF? Darrem was shafted horribly.
Alex Fed did worse than anyone ever imagined. The Weider hype machine has an egg on their face now, you can bet you won't be seeing Alex on anymore covers anytime soon. But at least his unibrow was symmetrical.
Johnnie Jackson should have placed ahead of Dennis James. Dennis was bloated like a whale, but Johnnie was dead on the money.

All in all, it did nothing but reenforce what I already believed... that the Arnold Classic is a much better contest.

And I agree for the main reason being that Arnie believes in total muscle development and aesthetics......Coleman would never win with his 20,000- months-pregnant-looking fatass gh gut.....and until he gets rid of it, he sucks and it proves how rediculous bodybuilding has become when they give a trophy to him.

I watched the PPV and have the following comments:
- Best man won under today's judging standards.
- Gunther was the best in total appearance and personality.
- I like a sore loser. That was fun.
- Thank goodness HHH was there and knew how to deal with production problems.
- The older champs are a mess. Whew! What happened?
- Joe Weider looks like a stroke victim, not someone who had a back operation.
- Ron Coleman was a treat thanking Jesus in front of all the Jewish sponsors.
- What happended to the rowdy audiences that used to hurl insults at the stage and boo?

All in all ... a lot of fun.

Oh ... and now I know all the supplements to take so I can look like the Pros! Where is my nearest GNC store?

Gambino said:
funny i don't think pl'ing was mentioned by anybody except AAP...no one has addressed my original beef that the same mofo wins it yr in and out...how do you expect to attract viewers when everyone knows the outcome? think about it bor, no other sport has their been a 8 time in a row champion, let alone a history of the same dude winning every time. this has nothing to do with pl'ing...

Boston Celtics :'59-'66 NBA Champs. :stpatty:

And the Bulls would've won 8 consecutive too had Jordan not retired.

Off topic and directed at Hansel Stevie Ray Vaughan is the best guitarist to ever live and it still makes me teary eyed to here his rendition of Littlewing

THe differance here to the person who said others can't just gain 20 lbs and beat the champ is that Coleman looks like utter shit especially considering how good he once looked, he hasn't gotten better only ridiculously worse in aesthetic appearance so why should he win?

Top Bottom