Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The heat, my God the heat!!!

Ya know every meet cant have ideal conditions. Some places are too cold, too hot, to stuffy ETC. If yoru not used to that kind of heat it will take you out! I have lifted in a meet in St pete thats in th ewinter and summer. The winter they have big heaters that get real hot to keep you warm. In the summer its big fans. I personally would take the heat anyday over the cold. You have better chance for injury in the cold.

But hey Screwball dont sweat teh bomb. YOu learned from it, and seen what you needed to do. Just work on it and get ready for the next one. Try different techniques. Use different gear to see what you need. Make sure all yoru bench muscles are working. Are you driving with your legs, are my shoulders pinched together, is my grip wide enough (you should use max grip regardless, if your not then switch), Check your speed. You know do a check list of that meet and see why you missed the lift. Forget the heat. Lifitng is scientific and its technique is an art form. You must train in the gym to make your meets perfect and second nature. Your a big guy and got lots of potential, so hang in there and just get prepared for the next one.

Benchmonster, what you are going through is just payin your dues to get 500 on the books. I chased 500 for a few meets (even had a 480 opener) and missed it at 2 or 3 meets. I locked out in one and they said i raised hips, and others there said i didnt, that was the error. To break into the new ground (a new club ) its liek winning a fight title! You must be able to lift it convincinly. There i didnt. In fact the first time i went over 500 was with a 500lb opener. I ended up with 515 after missing it a month in a half earlier. So dude you are right there. Just get to where the next meet you can open with it. YOu wanna be a money lifter? Then you gotta let it all hang out. DO or DIE!! See your next meet you must open with 500 cause you will NOT be satisified with another 480 opener. Will you? You got the power. IN fact if you'd opened with it there it may have went. Dam bro your killin the weight in the gym. Just do it in a meet. Next time Monster!!

Put up some bikini pics!!!

What pljay said about paying your dues is very appropriate!

We have all done it. I have bombed in at least 33% of my meets. It is all a matter of smart thinking.

Next time, conditions should be more optimal for you guys, but a general rule of thumb: whatever you think you should open with, pick 20 lbs less. Just get on the board. You can always go up in big jumps.

This may apply to 3 lift meets more, but I think it can apply to bench meets as well.

As far as benching in a hot environment, plan on having 3 bench shirts, one for each attempt. Nothing will take the pop out of a shirt faster than soaking it with sweat.

Train hard, the numbers will fall soon.

/irish

tough break guys. can't control the weather...YET. hehe... but yeah, you get credit for making the attempts. I'm sure next meet, you will all break the shit out of PRs and class records alike.

great job on winning despite the heat, B.

i'm weird... I am always freezing cold. unless its 80+ outside, i am cold. if it is 90+, i am comfortable. If my black car with black interior has been baking in the sun for 2 hours, and i come outside and get in and it is like a sauna, ill just relax in the heat for a while and fuck the air conditioning. I think this is due to a low body temp (around 97) but i had the thyroid tested and i am apparently within normal levels. I need warm weather to survive. so why the fuck am i in chicago where it's cold 1/2 the year?

anyway, at least you got to see the bikini contest and knock back a few cold ones to have some fun! good job guys!

great job.sucks about the heat.

Did you get any pictures of the bikini contest ..?
oh, and pics of your lifts would be nice too.

PLJay: I will definitely review the mistakes I made at the meet and try to correct them in the future. Great advice.

Deciever: I got pics. Can you post them if I email them to you?

screwball, just got your pics.. lol they were so big they filled up all my space in my yahoo account.. it said i was using 111% of my allowed storage in big red writing.

deciever...i can help you get them sized if u need any assistance with that. or i might can run them through some proggies to get the size smaller.

Thanks guys,

I was, and am, pretty disappointed, but like I keep telling myself, only the mediocre can always be at their best.

We lived to fight another day. I honestly don't know what we could have done differently except for sitting in the car with the AC running, cause we could not drink gatorade and water fast enough to keep up with the sweat. But maybe I can come up with something in the future.

I am still confident in my strength level, I am just disapointed that I could not display it where it counted. But I was proud to come back and get an attempt after I had missed it on my opener. That was a 1st for me. And if I could have made another run with the new shirt I could have put up 500+ even in the conditions we had. Fighting the 505 down was much harder than a 520 or 530 press would have been, cause I could have made it touch easier, but I did not know my shirt. Live and learn.

Jay, I like your advice. I had actually already decided on doing that. In my next meet, if it is an APF meet, then I will open with 505, which will be a new state 220 open record. I have hit this and more already, just need to get it done in a meet. I know for a fact I have mid 500's in me if all falls right, even now, and I am getting stronger all the time.

Hell, I have done 525 in the gym. Just need to get it done in a meet. No sweat. (that was a double entendre)

And, a bit off topic, but after you guys have seen the video's Irish put up, anyone have any advice? Always looking for new ideas and ways to improve.

B.

Top Bottom