Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Best Way To Get A Six-Pack?

Simmers

Everyone I ask says crunches, but it strains my neck terribly, to where I do 50-100 and I can't go on because of my neck throbbing with pain. I was looking on eBay at that thing called AbLounge, it goes past 180 degrees and has no neck strain, seems like it would work, or is there another secret to getting a six pack?

Thanks

You need:
1) muscle mass - use progressive overload as you would with any exercise. If you can do 100 situps grab a dumbell and do them weighted.

2) Low bodyfat percentage - if your body fat percentage is too high you will never see the muscles you have developed. Diet is critical in obtaining a visible six pack.

As has been said many times "A six pack is made in the kitchen, not in the gym"
Hmm, or something like that...

Have fun :)

Last year I had unhealthy body fat, around 3%, now it's back up to 6-8%. So use a dumbbell and do weighted situps? This won't add any extra strain to my neck will it?

If you are having serioius problems with your neck you should see someone professional ie. physio to sort you out before you continue training.

My earlier post was just a general comment.

or you could always just go to your local liqure store *da da dont.....no?* j/p. i would normally say make sure you have cardio in your workout but if your that low in body fat percentage then you don't need it. i recommend 8 minute abs. i've just started it and i really like it. he tells you exactly how to do the movements. the reason for your strain in your neck is cause your doing them wrong. i know your probably thinking "whats there wrong to do?" but i did the same thing. your lifting with your neck to much. its hard to master but you have to learn not to use your neck at all. not only does it make your neck thank you, it also makes the ab worout alot more effective. the 8 min abs video s also good because he does different workouts that target everywhere in your abs. and a few of them there is no possible way to use your neck so its like a break. thats just my suggestion though. have fun

Oh so the way you see a six-pack is the muscle's mass and not it being cut? Or will I need to gain mass then cut it?

Simmers said:
Oh so the way you see a six-pack is the muscle's mass and not it being cut? Or will I need to gain mass then cut it?
You do not cut muscle. You reduce (cut) the layer of fat that is covering the muscle (dieting/cardio) and presto..... six pack city but for them (abs) to be outstanding, you have to first build them up and IMHO.....the abs are no different than any other muscle (chest, lats, biceps, etc. etc.) and when I did direct ab work I used the same reps that I used to work my other muscle groups (8 - 12 reps) but thats me and my logic and it worked well for me.

If holding the weight behind your neck feels uncomfortable for you........ you can always hold a dumbell or plate in front of you resting on the upper part of your chest.

Karma for your efforts bro

Last edited:
someone give this guy a link to needsize's ab routine. thats what i use. i lost all my links when i formatted my hard drive.

clean diet!!!!

everything else is the basics.

As long as your diet is clean, you can do just about any type of ab work out routine and get a 6 pack...as long as you hit all the abdominal regions!
Also remember that Abdominal muscles are fast twitch muscle fibers, and respond better to lower reps(around 15) there is a good article about it on bodybuilding.com!!

Peace

Top Bottom