Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tell me about your gym

resonator

Tell me about your gym, the highest dumbell weight and number of squat racks. Plus any weird rules (no grunting or slamming of weights). Also how much do you pay? What do you like/dislike about your gym?

I just called the local YMCA and got the sales pitch from "Guy". After arguing with Guy for five minutes he finally gives me some info, the dumbells only go up to 75 (wtf) but he wouldn't tell me how many squat racks they have unless I came in for a tour...The price is $75 signup and 40 a month. I'm calling other places now because this YMCA is just a joke and I'll probably go with a real gym instead even though it is twice the distance.

Seriously, are most gyms a joke like this???

The Y in my area has a sign up fee too, it's ridiculous.
I signed up for a year in a private gym and pay 43/month

39.00 month no sign up if you catch their specials, 2 squat racks, dumbells up to 150lbs,2 sets of each up to 75lb, memebership is for all three gyms in city. One i work out at is the smallest of the three. dropping weights is a no no though.

I don't think there is anything I really don't like about it. It has everything I need. Oh yeah lots of titties.

1 squat rack, 1 smith machine, 4 olympic bars, 1 EZ bar, 1 short straight bar, some weight plates (not many only 8 45's) a chin/dip station, crossover station, lat pulldown, adjustable height cable and stack, 1 benchpress rack, a situp bench, 1 flat bench, 2 adjustable benches, dumbells up to 88s and some machines and cardio stuff. Costs £8 a week which I think is around $15. Chalk is allowed though which is cool

a little over 1,000 dollars for a family membership for the year at my local YMCA which includes all facilities... gym, pool, basketball, etc.

not sure about a single membership though

We got some big dumbells - 80kg (176lbs) 4 squat racks, 6 bench press, 2 incline bench press, 3 smith machines, about 15 free benches.....pretty much an amazing gym and im very lucky to train there.

Ok just got off the phone with a different gym. Dumbells go up to 140, 3 squat racks, $30 a month, no signup, open 24/7. I think I found a winner!

We got some big dumbells - 80kg (176lbs) 4 squat racks, 6 bench press, 2 incline bench press, 3 smith machines, about 15 free benches.....pretty much an amazing gym and im very lucky to train there.

i'd give my left nut to train there

my gym has 1 smith and 1 rack... and everything is done by the rack with a barbell besides benching.

150lbs dbs, multiples of every peice you can think of...it's a hardcore gym setup pretty much strictly for bb. the owner is a competeing heavy weight so he has all the bells and whistles to do it right. not a huge place though, perfect size and isn't ever over crowded. he has a smoothie and supplement bar. i pay $30 month

Top Bottom