Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

take it easy on me, im new!

Ha! Can't believe you mentioned Eastenders. I'm from the other side of the pond, waaayyyy out in California but we got Eastenders on an educational channel and I watched for 20 years but they pulled the plug on it. I'm a newbie, too and messed up!! Back to bodybuilding after 10 year layoff. Joined gym last year skinny/fat. Now just fat but keeping strength, always lifting heavy, mostly compounds, sets @ 6, 5, 4 ---only because I keep unsuccessfully dieting, so intensity up, volume way low. I'm getting soft and doughy now cuz the weight's not budging and neither is the workout. I'm in a quandry. I'm petite, 5'2" 123lbs., 25% bodyfat. Diet is anywhere from modified PSMF to low carb to medium carb to screwed up! 4:00 a.m. protein/carb, 5:00-6:00 a.m. w/out, then I split 1/4c cooked starch w/protein, veg. five more times. I get about 123g protein per day. I'm a binger so I do that when I get discouraged. I know I'm a baby so please don't spank me but I may need a time out. Please help.

All the pros can help you out, I just have 1 thing to ask....Eastenders, educational?? Please explain?!

^^^ I think it's to help Americans understand us. We know all the different words they use cos of all the US tv programmes we get here but I found it hard to be understood sometimes. No one seemed to understand me when I asked for tomato using our pronunciation, not could they understand when I asked for change "quarter" in our accent sounds different enough that peeps had no clue what I was on about!

All the pros can help you out, I just have 1 thing to ask....Eastenders, educational?? Please explain?!

I know, huh? Let me first explain that I am completely obsessed with all things British. When I got out of school, I headed to London. Came home, got a job in London and went back for a year. Haven't been back, sadly. I had a "room" in Hampstead Heath and the first time I lived with a guy on Portobello Road. Great times. Our PBS TV channels (Public Broadcasting System) have all kinds of shows, most of which are educational, some entertaining and for enjoyment. Lots of nature shows, teaching kids how to read, etc. And LOTS of British stuff. It runs the gamet. Over the years, I've enjoyed: Are You Being Served? Keeping Up Appearances, and my all-time fave...Faulty Towers. They still repeat most of them. All kinds of drama too. At one time, it was all I watched. Right now, I'm totally obsessed with Peter Dinklage.

^^^ I think it's to help Americans understand us. We know all the different words they use cos of all the US tv programmes we get here but I found it hard to be understood sometimes. No one seemed to understand me when I asked for tomato using our pronunciation, not could they understand when I asked for change "quarter" in our accent sounds different enough that peeps had no clue what I was on about!

When I first arrived in London, I was shocked that I couldn't understand a word anyone was saying. Specially cockney, whoa. I stayed for 3 months and came home with an accent. Everybody thought I was faking it like Madonna, I didn't care. I loved it. I really wasn't faking. I think I internalized an accent in order to understand people (if that makes sense). I'm so glad to be able to get on board for my workout passion with some UK folks. It makes me... :wavey:

Haha I isn't think they still showed faulty towers here let alone in the US! It's great tv, and if you like all that stuff try only fools and horses...absolute classic!

HA! Very funny. That's Nicholas Lyndhurst. He used to be in Butterflies that I also used to watch. GAWD, I think that was from the '70s.

Yep that's him!
Other programmes he's been in that I recommend are "Piglet files" and "goodnight sweetheart"

:)

Top Bottom