Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

T.j.

im sorry that things got a little messed up bud........ what does that mean for the results of the compound..

good workout though, its amazing that those were your pissed off day after numbers...............very impressive.

X

Re: 08/05/03

IronLion said:
ME LOWER

Gunner Walks:
250 pounds 2" thickbar
3 sets of about 40-50 yards
down on the right shoulder back on the left

done.....note to self....when benchmonster is out back doing something that looks really hard, don't jump in as a "warm up" for a me deadlift day.

Ha ha ha. I just saw this. Yeah, Goerner walks are not something you jump into to warm up. I had already done my bench and deadlift workouts before doing the Goerner Walks and was pretty pumped before I got to the alley.

People walk out into the alley, but they limp back. . .

LOL, hey, you did very well, especially considering that was your first time to do those. I bet except maybe for Bfold, DBCooper and maybe Mule, there are not many, if any on this board that could have kept up with what we were doing.

If it makes you feel any better, bigokie, who is six five and 280-290 came down from Stillwater on Saturday to train with me and Gorrell. He was puking by the time it was over, and this is a guy who has been training strongman events and doing 20 rep squats to get into shape.

It is just a different world out there in the alley.

And for those on the board who have not met Ironlion, he is as big, and explosive and nice as he seems on this board. He is a good dude, and I hope he sticks around my gym for a while. None of the small guys there can work out with the BackAlley boys, BM and Gorrell, so we need some big fellas to keep us on our toes.

You are doing well, and I hope your athletic career takes you where you want to go IL.

B.

First of all lets post some Goerner walk photos please.

IL

some days are better than others man. Continue to harness the aggression, travel and train brutha. Keep the hate tank rolling!

I have been pushing it hard for a while and things have been hectic, I rejoined the arena team for the playoffs and I have been taking it very easy this week because I am not going to get any stronger in the next week....i'll just sum up monday thru friday for anyone interested, this week is considered a week off, next week will be light and high rep and the week after I'll start a new training cycle during which I will be experimenting with more ballistic and "odd" moves....I will try to get some video if I can cause it should be some interesting stuff.

Monday-spent the day walking around San Fran and Marin...went swimming twice
Tuesday-Was on a plane almost all day....had to sit on a runway in Dallas for three and a half extra hours b/c of thunderstorms
Wednesday-Football practice approx 4 hours....did some stretching, was very tired
Thursday-Football practice same time....came home and did some band work and Iced knees
Friday-Ran errands and watched film, iced knees, iced shins, astro turf sucks--saw american wedding....almost wet myself when stiffler eats the dogshit
Saturday--game day

good news: going to the arena cup, got some decent film

routine for this week will be:

Sunday ME Lower

Tuesday ME upper

Thursday DE upper and Lower

8/17/03

ME LOWER

I played a football game last night so I went pretty easy today, but I actually started to loosen up and hit a pr so I was stoked.

Warm Up
O/H squat
1x10 45
1x10 135
Drop squat
1x10 95
1x10 135

Stiff Leg DL (i had to workout at bally's and there was no knurling on the bar and no chalk so this was more a grip exercise than anything else)
135 x10
225 x 10
315 x 5
405 x 5
495 x 5

Zercher Front Squats (regular bar w/ sissy pad)
I used a little different form today, I took the bar down out of the racks and went atf with it, it felt better than doing them off the pins like I had been doing)
135 x 10
225 x 8
315 x 5
315 x 5
365 x 5 PR felt good, and I paused for a full second to break up the concentric/eccentric...i think I'll hit 405 + in a couple weeks

GHR off the floor
3 full reps + 5 neg
3 full reps + 5 neg

Bent Presses
65 pounds x8 each side x 2 sets

Re: 8/17/03

IronLion said:
Bent Presses
65 pounds x8 each side x 2 sets

i think i know, but what are bent presses???

X

If not for the football and the injuries stopping your progress you would be one of strongest men on the planet ... what did the Bally's people say when you were doing your exercises?

Top Bottom