Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Survivors starving

jinxed_teen

I was just wondering, on the show survivor, the contestants ate only a cup or so of rice per day, and lost like 30 pds in 40 days. How could this happen? Wouldnt they go into starvation mode and not lose fat? Or maybe I am just uninformed about starvation mode, could you lose weight in starvation mode?:confused:

starvation "mode" slows metabolism considerably,however eating only rice every day you will be using up the fat you have to survive.in order to not burn fat on about 200 -300 calories a day you would problay have to weigh about 50 pounds.

They looked like they lost quite a bit of muscle too, as their bodies and skin had that soft drapey look. I'll also venture they lost a lot of water too. I believe their water was rationed just like the rice, so they probably spent the whole time in semi-dehydration. That alone could account for a 7-10 pound weight loss. Definitely not the way to go for a cutting diet! :alien:

i believe they did have enough water, but of course not enough food. yeh of course their bodies went into starvation mode. but they ate SO little that the body burned fat anyway, plus muscle. It's one way to get lean but not worth the muscle loss to me. they were thin all right, but not the kind of thin i would want to be.

Top Bottom