Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Stretch Marks

the stretch marks around the mouth are pretty funny whoever that is playing smallmovesal.

I've read that gh will get rid of scar tissue and imporve your overall skin tone, but have never used it myself. I wish I had the $$ to give it a proper try

Lemon Juice on your skin is suppose to help.

some things help from what I've heard, but nothing helped me, got em under my arm pits, the only cure is surgury. :bawling:

NatyMike - that is where mine are at.

I was told that it is all up to how elastic your skin is. Some people will never get them, and some people cant help it.

Removal of stretch marks

Stretch marks are the result of thinning of the collagen bundles and loss of elasticity and often accompany pregnancy, obesity, and weight lifting. During pregnancy, stretch marks usually develop about 6 months into the pregnancy that begin as as purplish or reddish marks that eventually form shallow, white scars on the abdomen, hips, buttocks, thighs, and breasts. Athletes may develop stretch marks after exceptionally vigorous exercise.

Stretch marks occur in the dermis, the middle skin layer which contains the kin's elastic proteins that allowing the skin to stretch and return to its original shape. Continuous stretching of this layer over an extended period breaks down the elasticity of the skin. The body tries to reinforce the over-stretched and weakened layers of skin increasing collagen fiber production in that affected area, which produces the little scars called stretch marks.

Many health care professionals suggest using a moisturizing cream and massaging stretch marks daily when they first appear to speed their removal.

Diet may help prevent stretch marks. Adele Davis, in her book, Let's Get Well reported that a friend developed severe stretch marks during her first pregnancy. One the next pregnancy, the woman ate high-protein diet supplemented with 600 units of vitamin E and 300 milligrams of panthothenic acid daily. Although she gave birth to full-term twins, it was found that the stretch marks from the first pregnancy disappeared and no new stretch marks formed. (1965, Harcourt Brace Javonovich, Inc., p. 130).

Retinoic acid treatment of stretch marks

Topical tretinoin (retinoic acid or retin-A) reduces stretch marks. Archives of Dermatology. Sewon Kang, M.D., from the Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, and colleagues studied the effects of topical 0.1 percent tretinoin cream on 22 patients with established stretch marks.

The individuals in the study had established stretch marks that had evolved into white scarlike lesions. Ten were treated with the tretinoin cream and 12 applied a placebo on the effected areas. After two months, most patients treated with tretinoin showed significant reduction in the severity of their stretch marks compared with those who received the inactive cream. After six months, 80% of the tretinoin-treated patients had marked improvement 8% placebo-treated patients.

The length and width of the stretch marks treated with tretinoin decreased by 14 and eight percent respectively, while the control group's placebo-treated lesions increased in length by 10 percent and in width by 24 percent. Half of the tretinoin treated patients experienced side effect such as dry and itchy skin.

Laser removal of stretch marks

David McDaniel, M.D., of the Eastern Virginia Medical School has recently reported success with lasers to remove stretch marks after pregnancy. He said," The laser passes through the upper layer of the skin leaving it undamaged and then triggers new elastin production in the deeper layer...which causes the stretch marks to soften or disappear."

He used a pulsed-dye yellow beam laser that causes the skin to bruise for a couple of weeks. The laser removes new pink stretch marks in one treatment but if the scar is old and deep, multiple treatments are required. Lasers were previously tried on stretch marks years ago but the laser settings were not correct and the patients weren't followed for a long enough time. In some persons, scar improvement requires several months to become apparent and the healing process can take as long as six months.

The laser treatment has no side effects and costs about $300 a session. About 200 centers in the USA use lasers to remove stretch marks. For more information contact the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery at 1-800-441-2737.

My stretch marks go right down to my fucking elbows.....tanning helps a little bit, but they are really nasty!

smalmovesal said:
i have them around my mouth :eek:

I'm sooo sorry! I had no idea that would happen. Usually, their jaw's just click a bit when I'm through with them ;)

Yo, stretch marks are forever. Try what you wish, but even Vit E and all that other crap won't help

i have them on my inner quads about every half inch and below my ass,this shows how small i was before i touched weights,my quads were about 18inchs and now about 25ish

Top Bottom