Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sticking it to the man!

hamstershaver said:
someone came in to ask me something today right as the ball fell out of my mouse, i was reading a klu post and her avatar of her holding her tits was in clear view, i couldnt get rid of it since the mouse was messed up, it was classic

Windows key + D will minimize every window also. ALT+TAB is good too.

I like your attitude. Hopefully enough people will see how much you "work" and after a while you can get another promotion that includes your own office.
I, too refuse to join the sheep. I call them da masses(dumb-asses).

while i must commend you for finding a way to slack off, i must also say that i no longer wonder why so many jobs are being outsourced because the labor can be gotten cheaper elsewhere.

jestros said:
SA, you da man. I'm the same way, except my productivity is probably 20%.

Also I have a office mate who breaths too loud, he may end up dead.

Where do you all get jobs like this cause' I want one.

crak600 said:
while i must commend you for finding a way to slack off, i must also say that i no longer wonder why so many jobs are being outsourced because the labor can be gotten cheaper elsewhere.

No kidding. No wonder my Mom does not allow her employees intrernet access for personal usage. People will take advantage of you any chance they get.

Rock on bor

We aint gonna take it anymore

starfish said:
No kidding. No wonder my Mom does not allow her employees intrernet access for personal usage. People will take advantage of you any chance they get.
Jobs are being outsourced and employers clamp down those who remain because they are fkg GREEDY. I've worked a few different types of jobs in many different areas and most employers have one thing in common.
They expect you to sweat blood for "the team" but almost never reward all those who do. Anyone who stands up for themself is labeled a troublemaker(even if their productivity is thru the ROOF), and people endure pay cuts and infringements on their ability to live a normal life(mandatory OT, benefit cuts, etc.). Meanwhile, many of the same companies' execs get paid unbelievably obscene amounts and enjoy superstar perks. FK 'em. Anybody who cares to discuss, I got more. Believe me, I got more.

Snypr said:
Jobs are being outsourced and employers clamp down those who remain because they are fkg GREEDY. I've worked a few different types of jobs in many different areas and most employers have one thing in common.
They expect you to sweat blood for "the team" but almost never reward all those who do. Anyone who stands up for themself is labeled a troublemaker(even if their productivity is thru the ROOF), and people endure pay cuts and infringements on their ability to live a normal life(mandatory OT, benefit cuts, etc.). Meanwhile, many of the same companies' execs get paid unbelievably obscene amounts and enjoy superstar perks. FK 'em. Anybody who cares to discuss, I got more. Believe me, I got more.

i don't doubt for one minute that it all has to do with making more money. only the best ass kissers really seem to go anywhere in life.

however, when you figure out that one of your employees is slacking off during work hours, even when the work is getting done, what better incentive than to cut hours/pay/outsource? i wouldn't want to pay someone to sit on their ass for 2/3 of the day if they can get their work done in 3 hours, unless their work is exceptional and they're way ahead of deadlines.

i have a strong work ethic that hinders me from slacking off no matter how much i try to. pisses me off when others around me are getting paid just as much as i am (or more) yet slacking off 3/4 of the time and not getting as much done.

I'm just going to say that I didn't start out like this, obviously I had to work hard to earn a good reputation in order to get promoted.

For over a year I had busted my ass, staying late (for no extra pay, I'm on salary), coming in on weekends, going way beyond the call of duty to get work done. At review time I got nothing more than a pat on the back and a small raise, to top it off my boss had then taken my long hours for granted and started giving me assignments after quitting time (I'm supposed to be off at 4:30, I'm usually here past 6:00, one of the reasons why I have no personal problem with coming in late), and when a project was finished ahead of time, my reward was another project with higher expectations.

So I eventually said "fuck it" and slowed things down to my pace, I do the amount of work that I feel they pay me for. Everything still gets done (eventually) and it gets done right, I'm just not going to jump through hoops to get things done anymore, like I once did. Funny thing is all of the recognition has come after my productivity adjustment. Go figure.

Why don't I just look for another job, you may ask? Well, I got this job right before I received my degree. It's great for someone paying dues (like me) because it allows me to put my foot in many aspects of engineering, where other companies might just have me doing one monotomous (sp) task and I had yet to be with any company for more than 1.5 years (I've now been here 2+ years) so this is my resume filler. With this promotion, I might now stay more than planned depending on how I like it.

crak600 said:
i have a strong work ethic that hinders me from slacking off no matter how much i try to. pisses me off when others around me are getting paid just as much as i am (or more) yet slacking off 3/4 of the time and not getting as much done.
is this why you're the founder of the EF unemployed (and proud of it) club?

Top Bottom