Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

starting a video production company

iggy

Elite Mentor
Platinum
An LLC to be exact. Just have to fine tune a website and get liability insurance.

I have a couple of weddings coming up in January/Feb, and was fortunate enough to meet a young bro (24 to be exact) equally as determined/skilled as I am.

We're also going to gear our marketing towards "Remembrance" Films of people that pass away. The whole idea of our company is to provide actually films, stories of events and people instead of just a simple video.

between the other young bro and I, we have around $20k worth of equipment, and we should get decently busy. I've been hitting up florists, and was approached by some photographers who were impressed with me and asked me to partner with them. I've literally probably gave out around 400 cards since I moved down to Florida too, and i've been getting calls.

We're gonna start with our lowest package at $1,200, all the way up to a $4,000 package.

One of the dilemmas i'm facing, is a couple of lesbians want me to film their wedding, which I have no problem doing (especially since they want to pay a beyond decent amount of money), but my partner objects to it, because he thinks it might hurt both of our image.

He's a hardcore catholic, but as I said earlier is equally determined as I am.


Most of you are probably saying, "why are you starting this company bro?"

well, because quite frankly, i'm sick of working my ass off for other people and making them all of the money. If I continue to always exceed expectations and set my standards highly above the bar, I believe there's an endless amount of cash to be made, and experience to be gained.

wish this young bro luck!!!!
 
Have you filed your articles of organization? Created an LLC operating agreement?

Also, tell your partner to fuck off. Business is business and as a new one you can't afford to turn away paying customers. It's not like you're going to advertise "We film Lesbian Weddings!"

Do the work, cash the check, and move on to the next one.
 
Have you filed your articles of organization? Created an LLC operating agreement?

Also, tell your partner to fuck off. Business is business and as a new one you can't afford to turn away paying customers. It's not like you're going to advertise "We film Lesbian Weddings!"

Do the work, cash the check, and move on to the next one.

This^^^
Potential customers arent going to ask if youve done gay/lez weddings before. Theyre only going to ask if they are gay and want your services, in that case you do it.
 
This reminds me of DJ's who think they are too good for gig when they're not.
The worst thing that can happen from doing a wedding would be getting more jobs doing it.
 
just don't show any potential clients your youtube videos...

funny-date-girl-guy-true-story-meme.jpg
 
Your partner is wrong about that "image" BS.

Straights won't care you did a geigh event.

Geighs will network through you, especially if they think you approve (not just tolerate) their lifestyle.

Sounds like you could get paid, so I say go for it!
 
good luck ngr.

stomp down hard on your partner's idiocy right now. unacceptable/moronic/he sucks dick already.

/agree

He's prolly a closet MO.

And speaking for that, where's our resident MO expert (pick3) when you need hm???

Does someone need to shine a "Bower Bottoms" symbol across the sky batman-style??
 
I would think twice about partnering up with that stupid bible thumping faggot fuck. They are the worst people on the planet; you couldn't pay me enough to be financially tied to one of those narrow minded Neanderthal fucks...oh wait, I am (baby momma) FML
 
I would think twice about partnering up with that stupid bible thumping faggot fuck. They are the worst people on the planet; you couldn't pay me enough to be financially tied to one of those narrow minded Neanderthal fucks...oh wait, I am (baby momma) FML

Pwnt!
 
I would think twice about partnering up with that stupid bible thumping faggot fuck. They are the worst people on the planet; you couldn't pay me enough to be financially tied to one of those narrow minded Neanderthal fucks...oh wait, I am (baby momma) FML

Ouch! Sorry to hear about the babby momma thing.

I'd be careful to tar all of Christianity with the same brush. When implemented properly, Christianity is a very useful tool.

(and this is coming from an atheist)
 
sounds good but i could never handle dealing with people who've lost a loved one all day. Too depressing.

But weddings is good money. Unfortunately, depending on your area - competition can be tough and they bill peanuts.
 
Good luck Igg, sounds like it has a lot of potential, where in the sunshine state are you?

Sent from my VM670 using EliteFitness
 
Iggy, I think you have a good concept..if you can slice in words from the deceased about their life..you are golden in my opinion; Otherwise, you may have to use actors voices for letters and other things...like a Ken Burns documentary.

FYI, A paying customer is a paying customer and your professionalism may give you pwnage in the gay community niche market and in no way shape or form will it hurt your business model unless your marketing is targeted toward the gay market.
 
Personally, I think the wedding market is saturated with pros and amateurs willing to film for peanuts. I do like the rememberance angle, though. I also would reconsider teaming up with this bigot (as you've described him)...you have plenty of your own equipment/software and you can hire a second, and third, pair of (capable) hands for camera work if you need to.

Also, you should really consider some of these crowd-sourced, commercial spots, sites. It really doesn't take alot of effort to do a live action 15, 30, 60 second spot.

Good luck, Iggs!
 
Personally, I think the wedding market is saturated with pros and amateurs willing to film for peanuts. I do like the rememberance angle, though. I also would reconsider teaming up with this bigot (as you've described him)...you have plenty of your own equipment/software and you can hire a second, and third, pair of (capable) hands for camera work if you need to.

Also, you should really consider some of these crowd-sourced, commercial spots, sites. It really doesn't take alot of effort to do a live action 15, 30, 60 second spot.

Good luck, Iggs!
very true. i joined a club and now i network with some of the top videographers in the area. most of them are super nice, and just love talking film (they even raffle off expensive equipment at the meetings).

It is true that I just am starting out, so I won't charge what they do ($3-5k). I'll start out setting the bar high, because I know I can exceed expectations.

The kid i'm partnering with has awesome equipment.... it's sick.
Plus I technically don't have much sound equipment at all, and he has a ton....

I thought about maybe just starting my own company, and hiring him to shoot for me, and having him do the same because I feel that we need better chemistry to work together.

he loves to be in control, and i kinda hate being told what to do.
I do things in my own style.... but this kid is good at what he does and puts his heart into it....

I think we'll do some amazing work.

just have to get up a site, get some insurance, and market the hell out of it.

i'll keep getting better as I do it.
 
call up other companies and tell them, if they're busy and have to turn away a potential customer (happens a lot during wedding season, very difficult for some couples to find a videographer who's free) -- if they refer them to you, you give them 10%. Good way to get extra biz and network.
 
How the fuck did they make this vid?

they roll the image up seamlessly :confused:

yeah ... I know the music is teh geigh I'm talking about the video technology



Diana Krall - The Look Of Love - YouTube

They just rolled-up green paper on the wall and digitally substituted it.

And it does not surprise me that you had that video bookmarked.

:rainbow:
 
They just rolled-up green paper on the wall and digitally substituted it.

And it does not surprise me that you had that video bookmarked.

:rainbow:

I'm going to roll up green paper on the wall at Cutter's and digitally substitute a image of my cawk
 
Top Bottom