Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Started out wrong!! Bad Training!!

what would be the harm? once you get your baselines you'll get 3 or 4 weeks until your strength goes down. then you can readjust. Worst that can happen is you will get 3 weeks of quick strength.
It's a pretty cusomizable program. plus you can run as many spreadsheets as you want. so use one until your stregnth goes down and then another to recalculate and start a no supps log

U mean just do the
Push
Pull
Legs?
I just started that this last week , feels pretty good , for pull I start with dead lifts , push I start with bench , and legs I start with squats , sound good??

yes that is the way to go .. and on pulling you do rows as your compound and pullups

My only problem is a need a good fkin workout partner , they keep flailing and leaving on me ... How can I do my max with no secure spotter every second day?

workouts partners always slow me down. just grab someone to spot for you when they are in between their sets, and thank them after and offer to spot them in the future when they need it. pretty soon you will have a handful of spotters

My only problem is a need a good fkin workout partner , they keep flailing and leaving on me ... How can I do my max with no secure spotter every second day?
that was my bane. unless your gym is full of douches, its not that bad asking for help on the heavy sets. its a pain in the ass, but you only need spots on the bench. prolly the last set only once you have a solid baseline

Mehdi (Stronglifts creator) doesn't use a spotter. He usually trains by himself at home if I'm not mistaken.

If you have access to a power rack you can do without a spotter. And dead stop bench presses off the power rack pins are a great exercise in their own right.

A workout partner can be a great thing. I still remember when I first started going to an actual gym and I had been puttering around with squats on the Smith machine and a bunch of other silly stuff and rarely did actual squats. When I did them it was usually light weight like 135. Then one day I did several sets of deadlifts- on the Smith machine weirdly enough- and a huge ass dude asked me to squat with him. I did 8 full reps at 225, failing on the last rep, a huge accomplishment compared to what I had been doing at that time. This was over 10 years ago.

Another story, I had just got back into the gym after a long layoff and several injuries and I don't think I had deadlifted anything much over 300 in a couple years. Out of the blue a buddy showed up and I lifted over 400 for a lot of reps. Didn't even know I could, I totally f*cked my elbow up 3 years ago and have lost about 25% of my range of motion in that arm. And I was at about 200 pounds at 6'2 at the time. That gave me the confidence to keep at it and now I've gotten much stronger at the lift.

What's the point in this? Well if you can't get a steady workout partner a good option is to work around it with the power rack, and when you can get a good training partner use that time for "showing off". Stay in good form but realize your intensity will be a little higher and just look at it like hey, I can't train like that everyday anyway I'd get burned out. Working out with a good partner or a crew can be like your power lifting meet.

workouts partners always slow me down. just grab someone to spot for you when they are in between their sets, and thank them after and offer to spot them in the future when they need it. pretty soon you will have a handful of spotters

Man it's such a pain to ask for a spot. A lot of times I wanna ask guys if they need a spot when I see them benching by themselves and struggling. I had an awkward experience one time though, I was in a small gym and a guy was benching and looked like he was gonna decapitate himself at the end of every set. I asked him if he needed a spot and he said, "No!" and looked at me like I asked him for a handjob or something. Was the first and last time I ever asked a stranger if they needed a spot.

On the other hand I've never turned down a request to spot and as long as I'm not asked to do some f*cked up version of bent over rows because they're using too much weight I don't mind.

Yeah that's a good idea , yeah and I'm considering changing gyms , I go to planet fitness and yeah most of them dont even know how to spot , u know the spotters who lift half the weight for u? And even when u tell them to just lend a finger they sill do it haha, lame !!! But power rack it is until I can afford a new gym membership

Yeah that's a good idea , yeah and I'm considering changing gyms , I go to planet fitness and yeah most of them dont even know how to spot , u know the spotters who lift half the weight for u? And even when u tell them to just lend a finger they sill do it haha, lame !!! But power rack it is until I can afford a new gym membership

There's definitely a trick to spotting the right way, you have to show the lifter you're only gonna offer a few fingers on the last couple reps until it's time to rack it. Rowing the weight for people is stupid, it's bad for the guy lifting and hard on the guy spotting.

Top Bottom