Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squats

Toshendin

Am I the only one that isn't able to do squats? I can barely do 50lbs squats because when the weight is on my traps it just hurts like a mother fucker. My knees also hurt a whole lot when coming up from the squat. Anyone have any tips on squatting?

Bah. The foam cover is for sissies. It also can cause you to have slightly bad form b/c it places the bar farther from your body, and it can cause the bar to "roll" down your back.

My guess is that you are placing the bar too high on your neck. Try moving it farther down to below the top of your traps.

Also, you might just be a wuss. Just suck it up and do them for a while. As you get stronger, you will be able to handle the weight better.

My guess is that you are placing the bar too high on your neck. Try moving it farther down to below the top of your traps.
exactly, plus moving the bar lower improves your center of gravity so you don't tip forward at the bottom of the rep. When I first started squating, the bar always used to hurt, now I can go up to a 500lb single without any pain, your body will get used to it.

Squatting...

The more you squat the better you will become in their execution. The pain in your traps will go away with continued training and the tips offered above.

- Screwball

Just a question that has to do with squating. Wearing braces on the knees, does that adversly affect me in any way? My knees pop like a mutha if i dont wear them.

downsent said:
Just a question that has to do with squating. Wearing braces on the knees, does that adversly affect me in any way? My knees pop like a mutha if i dont wear them.

What sort of braces are we talking about? Are these doctor-prescribed for some sort of joint condition? If so, I would recommend seeing a sports physician before squatting.

My knees used to pop when I hit rock bottom on the first rep or two, but they don't do that anymore. My guess is that I've built up enough cartilage and connecting tissue to protect my knees.

my knees pop often, squats or not. The only good part is, I've never like injured them (except the usual scrapes and what have you when you learn to ride a bike when your a kid, lol)

Anyways, I have a bar here (from a weight bench/set I got for chritsmas, only 100 pound weights max, and the bar is shorter than the normal bar) It's got 60 pounds on it at the moment (I'm wanting to tone the back of my legs and butt)

But I mean I'm doing a bunch of reps but I'm not really feeling anything (kind of like with those ab rollers, I was at it for 5 minutes and didn't feel a thing) I know my stance and everythings right, do I just need to add more weight or something?

Burncycle360 said:
my knees pop often, squats or not. The only good part is, I've never like injured them (except the usual scrapes and what have you when you learn to ride a bike when your a kid, lol)

Anyways, I have a bar here (from a weight bench/set I got for chritsmas, only 100 pound weights max, and the bar is shorter than the normal bar) It's got 60 pounds on it at the moment (I'm wanting to tone the back of my legs and butt)

But I mean I'm doing a bunch of reps but I'm not really feeling anything (kind of like with those ab rollers, I was at it for 5 minutes and didn't feel a thing) I know my stance and everythings right, do I just need to add more weight or something?

There is no such thing as "toning". There is only losing fat and gaining muscle. All the fitness magazines have lied to you.

Doing a bunch of reps will only make you tired. You have to go heavy and do multiple sets. If you can do over 12 reps in a set, then the weight is too light.

Top Bottom