Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squats or Deads - which is harder?

What is "harder", Deads or Squats

• Deads

Votes: 29 34.1%
  • Squats

Votes: 55 64.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
squats
just feels like it's such a LONG way down
plus like others have said I really have to keep form in check when squatting whereas deadz once I'm set to pull...I pull

al420 said:
Just bend down, grab the bar, look at the ceiling and scream on the way up.

Then drop it while some skinny fag is trying to talk to you.....just walk away....walk away....

My vote is for deads. I have been squatting for 23 years, but deads I only kept consistnetly in my workouts for about the last 5 years, and I don't have the most co-operative back either. A slight form error means a zinger right to the lower back that can put me out of commission for a few days.

Now SLDL's I can do all day. :)

Bluesman

it depends on how you do the lift... a max, 5x5 etc... i personally hate 5 heavy sets of 5. it takes too long and sucks, but its worth it

i also hate a HIT set of squats. 1 set to failure plus negatives, but its also worth it.

if you like doin an exercise, most of the time you are doin it wrong... lol as in its too easy

like when guys curl in front of the mirror and shit, lol

there are some guys, most on this board, who like to lift and endure the pain of lifting, which is good.

xblitz44x said:
Squats are more difficult to me. A miss on a deadlift means that you just put the weight down where it came from. I miss on a squat usually means that you're stuck under the weight until your spot finds a way to pry it off of you.

Ya, totally agree with that.

I find squats are harder but like others said it takes me longer to recover from deadlifts.

I personally hate squats more. When I do squats, even with my warm up of only 135, I feel like my hams and glutes are about to explode. I'll do power cleans, hang cleans, and deadlifts all day long, but I hate, HATE doing squats. Oh well. Too bad you pretty much HAVE to do it.

36drew said:
Squats are harder during the set, but I can feel the stress from deadlifts on my system for a longer period after the workout.

i would think this is because with deads, you can go heavy as hell and just rip it. where as squats are alittle harder to get heavier weights up for most people. therefore, since you are lifting more weight with deads, they will be more taxing on the system.

Top Bottom