Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squat help

caligirl85

Hey guys...I need some help with my squats. This has been my year of injury and earlier this year, tore up my lower back muscles pretty good. I've been ramping up training slowly over the last couple of months but have been gun shy getting back in the squat rack. I'm ok on the smith machine or any of the other machines.

I tried this week for the first time and here's what I'm finding. My balance and flexibility completely suck!! I have that instant pull to lean forward and can't get my butt low enough. (This is in the cage with just a barbell). So I put the bar back on the rack and was just trying to do a squat without the bar. If I have one hand on the bar, my form is great but unassisted, with my hands as if they were holding the bar, I'm not good.

Should I just keep practicing and strengthening the muscles? Does anyone have any tips?? I've seen people squat with a little rectangular bar under their heels or a couple small plates...does this help? Some of it is in my head for sure with the fear of re-injury but thought I'd ask.

I wanna do big boy exercises again! ;)

Thanks! :)

Cali, I highly recommend that you do it with the bar. It will help you stay more stable IMO. Concentrate on pushing up from the heels. When you are pushing from your heels it is much more difficult to lean forward. Butt out first. Then into squat motion. Are you experiencing pain when you attempt this?

Thanks for the feedback, OWL. No...no pain...just really stiff and feel off balance but it's been awhile so I think I probably just need to practice it more, before I add any weight.

Thanks for the feedback, OWL. No...no pain...just really stiff and feel off balance but it's been awhile so I think I probably just need to practice it more, before I add any weight.

Yep. I agree as long as there is no pain. Practice with just the bar. Add the weight as form improves.

Sent from my DROIDX using EliteFitness

lol..it's fairly comical watching me. I look a little bit "special needs" standing there practicing! lol

Can I please have video? Lol j/k I will help you any way I can ma'am. Just let me know if there is anything I can do.

Sent from my DROIDX using EliteFitness

Top Bottom