Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squat and fail?

With a spot i usually may need help on my last rep...
last time i was in the gym i hit 475 for 4 1/2....i needed a little bit of help on that last one...

That's after 3 other sets of 405/425 and 455 for 5...so i was beat,

I have squatted to failure and I did not like the feel I got for it. The breakdown of form with hundreds of pounds on my back and over my knees and hips does not justify the extra rep it may take to get to failure. I really think hitting failure on compound excercises places too much stress on accessory muscles, they give out first and lead to bad form and joint problems, wherein a isolated excercise the primary muscle hit failure with less structural instability to the joints in motion. Just my 2 cents

Squatting or curling - very few people train to absolute failure. Just too hard for the average gym rat

9359142_F_tn.jpg

agreed.

9359142_F_tn.jpg

and I LOVE the smashing machine quotes sust. I'm in Kerr's hometown. Man, he dropped from the scene, eh? HBO documentary was incredible...sorry to threadjack. :)

Lord_Suston said:
I have squatted to failure and I did not like the feel I got for it. The breakdown of form with hundreds of pounds on my back and over my knees and hips does not justify the extra rep it may take to get to failure. I really think hitting failure on compound excercises places too much stress on accessory muscles, they give out first and lead to bad form and joint problems, wherein a isolated excercise the primary muscle hit failure with less structural instability to the joints in motion. Just my 2 cents

Top Bottom