Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Spinning

Vwroom6

How does everyone feel about Spinning classes? I am trying to lose some weight, and I find it the only class I am interested in. Please let me know your thoughts! Thanks!

I hear a lot about "spinning classes", this may be a stupid question, but someone enlighten me...what is spinnng class?

Spinning is a class that involves being on a journey on a stationary bike. Its really hard (you change your levels of resistance), and they say you burn 450 calories in about 1 hour or less. You basically jump, stand, sit, and ride a stationary bike to motivating music. The instructor is also motivating you, and also setting a "scenery" or "trail of mountains", etc. I love the class. Hope that helps!!

Thanks for educating me on that, i learn something new every day...sounds like lots of fun. It also sounds like a way to burn off some extra fat.

I am a spinning instructior, I love it, just like anything, you get out what you put into it, I burn over 500 calories every class I teach, which is like 4 times a week, it's a blast, you should really try it out :)

Vwroom6 said:
How does everyone feel about Spinning classes? I am trying to lose some weight, and I find it the only class I am interested in. Please let me know your thoughts! Thanks!

Spinning is a great cardio workout. Are you doing any weights?

I am lifting weights in moderation. I am just getting started, so I am trying to get into things. I would actually like some advice! I am basically trying to lose weight, and then I will be interested in cutting. I need to lose about 20lbs first.

I too was under the impression that i should maybe lose fat first by cardio then do weights, but from what i learned on here muscle helps to build up your metabolism which helps burn fat...i just started a month ago doing cardio and weight training and already i see wonderful results. So try to add some weight training to your cardio and you should see some great results.

Here's my take on spinning -- the people I see in those classes are ADDICTED! THey LOVE it! They have so much energy and big freaking quads! (OK not all of them, but your legs will BURN!)

I hate spinning classes because:

- even with padded biking shorts & a padded bike seat, MY ASS HURTS FOR 2 DAYS!

- AND THEN MY CROTCH HURTS FOR 2 DAYS!

- CARDIO WORKOUT FROM HELL! What doesn't kill you makes you stronger! LOL!

BrickGirl -- how do you deal with the sore nether-regions problem??

You can hit me with a baseball bat down the right now, so dang callused up ;) You get used to it after a while :)

Top Bottom