Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Something I don't so much like about getting older

Nathan

A few years back I was the youngun, had like one or two younger friends, and then a bunch of older friends. Like, when I was 19-21 I worked out with guys who were 30-40 (professional bouncers so had been into it for a while), then in my early 20's the guys were more like 26-28 (again, bouncers), then at around 23 or so I started working out with guys more my own age (non-bouncers), and now I am noticing it is younger guys who I am surrounded by - it's probably in large part because I sarted working out in university gyms at around 23 but still. It sucks. It's also the type of people I think that is striking me as odd - the bouncer versus non-bouncer vibe. The only guys I am learning from are the kin grad students, but I have to say, they have some good tricks up their sleeves.

Now, the older friends have disappeared and I'm left with all the young dudes. I keep getting asked by like 21 year old dudes to workout, come over and smoke weed and shit. It's like, man, you seem like a nice guy and I might if I were a bit younger, but I can't handle this whole seniority thing. I have enough younger friends and I'm not looking for more - it just makes me feel older and shit, or at least reminds me of it.

I'm not going to like being an old man, which is why I'm pretty sure I'l burn out long before then. Who's with me?

I agree, my last two assistants (20 and 17 yrs old) want to go out drinking with me
All my friend my age are too tired, have kids or I just can't stand them anymore.

wanna be my friend?

My guess would be that as people get married, have kids, get seriously wrapped up in their careers, they don't find as much time for the gym. Thus, gyms are overrun with the 20 somethings and it tapers off as you go up in age.

I'm going to party until I die, it's all about leaving behind a good looking corpse...kidding...kinda

I'm 26, what the hell? I'm getting to be at the age I remember all these older guys being when I was younger.

blueta - Let's do it. BFF.

heatherrae said:
My guess would be that as people get married, have kids, get seriously wrapped up in their careers, they don't find as much time for the gym. Thus, gyms are overrun with the 20 somethings and it tapers off as you go up in age.

maybe this is why, when the cougars see their out shape counter parts (x's) they are aften young meat...

Faizakafez said:
maybe this is why, when the cougars see their out shape counter parts (x's) they are aften young meat...
yeah, and why men often get disappointed in their wives and seek younger women.

Both men and women have to realize that they can't just stop trying once they are married...lol.

something i don't so much like about getting older?

two years ago, my orthopedic surgeon told me that i need both of my knees replaced :worried:

Top Bottom