Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Some questions regarding my routine

CSB

Ok i have been training for many years and enjoy the 5-6 day 1 bodypart a day routine, this below is a slight change to what i usually do.

What i am after is to bring up my legs more , and wondering if its sufficient .

yes i am on cycle

age - 34

weight - 227 lbs

11-12 percent bodyfat

6ft

Monday : chest and calves

Incline / flat barbell press 4-5 x 15-6
Low incline dumblell press 4 x 8-6
Low incline flyes 4 x 8-6
Cross overs 3 x 10-12
Standing calve raises 5 x 15-10

Tuesday : Back and abs

Wide grip pulldowns 4 x 12-6
Bent barbell rows 4 x 8-6
Deadlifts 4 x 5-6
Seated rows 4 x 8 superset with straight arm pulldowns 4 x 10
Hyperextensions 3 x 12
Crunches 3 x 15
Hanging leg raises 3 x 15

Wednesday : quads calves

Leg extensions 3 x 20 (warm –up)
Squats 5 x 20 / 15 / 10/ 8/6 (then possibly another set of 6)
Leg press / hack squats 4 x 12-8
Leg extensions 4 x 12 (pause and hold at top)
Seated calve raises 5 x 15

Thursday : Delts

One arm side raises 4 x 10
Rear raises 4 x 10
Standing barbell press 4-5 x 8-6
Side raises 4 x 10
Crunches 3 x 15

Friday : arms

Barbell curls 5 x 8 / 1 x 20
Incline dumbbell curls 5 x 8 / 1 x 20
Rope extensions 5 x 8 / 1 x 20
Close grip bench 5 x 8 / 1 x 20
Lying French press 5 x 8 / 1 x 20
Standing calve raises 5 x 15

Saturday : hams

Stiff leg deadlifts 4 x 10-8
Lying leg curls 4 x 10
Standing leg raises 4 x 10 each leg

Sunday rest

thanks for the reply moya

googling smolov squat cycle now , just trying to wrap my head round the numbers and clarify what he means, you train legs 3 x a week ? how would i incorporate that with current routine?

or can i just substitute hacks or lunges for leg extensions lol

its actually 4 days a week of squats for the first phase :)

...but yeah, you could subsitute lunges... im not a big fan of machine hacks... then maybe on mondays throw in a couple extra sets of moderate weight squats and you could still do all the other work you have lined up...

ok i like those changes, will throw in some additional squats on a monday maybe 4-5 sets and subsitutute extensions for walking lunges alternated with hack squats ,its not that i have "small" legs, i am really struggling with my lower outer sweep and tear drop, my upper thighs hold all the size , i still cant walk from hamstrings on the weekend so might have to up calories a bit for recovery , was fun trying to do doing deadlifts today lol

that russian routine looks mighty tough !!!

personal opinion here is that it is too much volume/reps/sets to grow or catch up.

Id put much more emphasis on something like a 5x5 for the main upper body lifts and then squat heavy every 3-5 days

something to think about is if you have been doing a 6day split for a long time and your legs are not where you want them to be then dont continue with a 6day split. try a 3 or 4 day split.

personal opinion here is that it is too much volume/reps/sets to grow or catch up.

Id put much more emphasis on something like a 5x5 for the main upper body lifts and then squat heavy every 3-5 days

something to think about is if you have been doing a 6day split for a long time and your legs are not where you want them to be then dont continue with a 6day split. try a 3 or 4 day split.

Thanks

I have looked at the 5 x 5 with keen ineterest a few times but cant drag myself to the low volume

i usually alternate every few months between a 3 way split and then back to 5 way split , first time actually extending it too 6 days now

i have come back a few months back from a bit of a layoff , and trying to address issues i had then as well.

i am still growing and gaining strength every week , even calves which is a change, just legs lagging even though they are strongish.

want to follwo along this path for awhile longer then will certainly take your recommendation and switch to a slightly lower volume per body part 3/4 way split :supercool

id say when you are ready to change make a bit change and see how it goes.

Ok i have been training for many years and enjoy the 5-6 day 1 bodypart a day routine, this below is a slight change to what i usually do.

What i am after is to bring up my legs more , and wondering if its sufficient .

yes i am on cycle

age - 34

weight - 227 lbs

11-12 percent bodyfat

6ft

Monday : chest and calves

Incline / flat barbell press 4-5 x 15-6
Low incline dumblell press 4 x 8-6
Low incline flyes 4 x 8-6
Cross overs 3 x 10-12
Standing calve raises 5 x 15-10

Tuesday : Back and abs

Wide grip pulldowns 4 x 12-6
Bent barbell rows 4 x 8-6
Deadlifts 4 x 5-6
Seated rows 4 x 8 superset with straight arm pulldowns 4 x 10
Hyperextensions 3 x 12
Crunches 3 x 15

Wednesday : quads calves

Leg extensions 3 x 20 (warm –up) Bro these are so dam bad for your knees. Would really love to see you dump these and put Ft Squats in place of them. The Ft Squats will be so much more healthy for you and you will get gr8 results from them too. Alt the Ft Squats and Back Squats from workout to workout.
Squats 5 x 20 / 15 / 10/ 8/6 (then possibly another set of 6)
Leg press / hack squats 4 x 12-8 When you these do not stop at the top or at the bottom. Make one continuous motion and med slow. Try it, you will hate it bro!:)
Leg extensions 4 x 12 (pause and hold at top) Just drop this out. If you are doing your squats heavily you dont need to add anything here.
Seated calve raises 5 x 15

Thursday : Delts

One arm side raises 4 x 10
Rear raises 4 x 10
Standing barbell press 4-5 x 8-6
Side raises 4 x 10
Crunches 3 x 15

Friday : arms

Barbell curls 5 x 8 / 1 x 20
Incline dumbbell curls 5 x 8 / 1 x 20
Rope extensions 5 x 8 / 1 x 20
Close grip bench 5 x 8 / 1 x 20
Lying French press 5 x 8 / 1 x 20
Standing calve raises 5 x 15

Saturday : hams

Stiff leg deadlifts 4 x 10-8
Lying leg curls 4 x 10
Standing leg raises 4 x 10 each leg

Sunday rest

Good luck bro!

I know the 5x5 sounds boring but what I did was 4 days. I would do the normal 3 day split like M/W/F, but on Tuesday i would do shoulders. So the only days off were Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. This was the only way I could really do 3 times a week lol

Top Bottom