Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

so i'm squatting four plates on a low box

binö

Rob of Redford
Platinum
for reps of 3 no spot, clean and paused for a second.
entering a meet in a month from now, this will be the last time i squat (cycle plan has me doing good mornings then dl's on ME squat day).
using a belt currently but not wrapping up...what would you suggest i open with for squats? knee wraps definetly give me a good bump...i was thinking 425?

mods can you move this to the weight training form please but leave the redirect? thanks

done

Bino if your hitting this for 3 reps I would probably start here in ameet to get the feel of things and look impressive on my first lift. That will get in the mind of others and give you a mental advantage off the rip. Prolly would go for something in the 425 to 435 raqnge on a 2nd attempt and then see where you are on the board and go balls out for your final lift. Just my 2

Bino if your hitting this for 3 reps I would probably start here in ameet to get the feel of things and look impressive on my first lift. That will get in the mind of others and give you a mental advantage off the rip. Prolly would go for something in the 425 to 435 raqnge on a 2nd attempt and then see where you are on the board and go balls out for your final lift. Just my 2

Solid advice!

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness app

yeah sb that is sound logic, but i'm worried about wasting a lift attempt...with knee wraps i get a incredible bump, i'm thinking 500 bills should be doable.
but yea i'll proly do what you suggest

Wait, you won't be squating again? This is your last squat day then you won't squat until the meet, why? Just wondering.

Wait, you won't be squating again? This is your last squat day then you won't squat until the meet, why? Just wondering.

actually i have one more heavy box sq day next week, then that will be it for Max Effort squatting until the meet.
but every week on Dynamic Effort squat day i low box 230 10*3, and i will be doing this till the meet.
every three weeks the ME movements change, next is GMs then deadlifts then the meet, just how the cycle is/was set up.

Oh ok good... You gonna take the week off before the meet?? I would go in mid week and lift all 3 lift, light, just to get the feel and blood in there. Maybe even get a massage bro. You'll be good tho. I would probably take SB advice. Third lift, evaluate on how you are feeling and just go all out. Just don't fuck up your back cause deads will be right around the corner..

yeah sb that is sound logic, but i'm worried about wasting a lift attempt...with knee wraps i get a incredible bump, i'm thinking 500 bills should be doable.
but yea i'll proly do what you suggest

Think of it like you're keeping some in the tank for an all out final attempt. Blowing your wad too soon is the biggest thing to watch for in a PL meet. Trust me half your weight class will waste a good last attempt going to heavy off the rip. Do you think you can squat 500?

Top Bottom