Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

So I was just filling...

dannomight said:
Thats just how it is around some areas unfortunately. Shit, most people won't even say hi to you after they stare you down let alone try and help in a time of need.
Yeah - I forgot what they call this but it something like the "Standy effect," or something or other.. sociology crap. The time that women in NY got beat to death outside her apartment and many people saw from their apartment windows yet no one called or did anything because they thought the other person was going to call or were afraid to, etc.

Not my way of doing things... and I've been in situations similar which just upsets me that more people don't step up.

blueta2 said:
IP, I agree, most ppl would not help. In Canada they would b/c no one is terrified someone is going to sue them.
Here in Canada, no one sues anyone ;-)

I hate when I see ppl not help animals on the road. Humans are a very disappointing bunch for sure
omgggg my biggest pet peeve. I stop for anything in the road - I don't care if you honk at me, get out and yell, whatever... I stop. I remember once in FL I blocked the road with my car and helped a turtle cross. LOL. Actually, for a turtle, that thing moved pretty fast!

Honestly I don't think you would have done much to help someone else in this situation, it's GAS spraying everywhere, no one wants to get near that.

Would you go running to someones aid when the gas was spraying everywhere?

probably not.

the first human instinct is survival, running towards spraying gas doesn't really appeal to this instinct.

InquisitivePsyche said:
Yeah - I forgot what they call this but it something like the "Standy effect," or something or other.. sociology crap. The time that women in NY got beat to death outside her apartment and many people saw from their apartment windows yet no one called or did anything because they thought the other person was going to call or were afraid to, etc.

Not my way of doing things... and I've been in situations similar which just upsets me that more people don't step up.
Its messed up for sure. i've helped people who ran out of gas on the side of the road or had car trouble. Last year my buddy and I were on the way home from work and we were a little ways from a stop sign but there was backed up traffic and I seen cars going around another vehicle. When we got closer I seen a mid 90's buick roadmaster and an elderly black man pushing it to the gas station that was still over 300 ft to the intersection. The poor guy had to be in his mid 60's and had his wife and 3 grandkids in the car. So I told my friend to stop when we were about 40 ft behind and I got out and started running up to his car. As I was running I told him to make some room cause he didn't see me coming. When he seen me he had this shocked look on his face and was really gratefull afterwards. He told me "I didn't expect someone lookin like you to help but god bless ya"

dannomight said:
Its messed up for sure. i've helped people who ran out of gas on the side of the road or had car trouble. Last year my buddy and I were on the way home from work and we were a little ways from a stop sign but there was backed up traffic and I seen cars going around another vehicle. When we got closer I seen a mid 90's buick roadmaster and an elderly black man pushing it to the gas station that was still over 300 ft to the intersection. The poor guy had to be in his mid 60's and had his wife and 3 grandkids in the car. So I told my friend to stop when we were about 40 ft behind and I got out and started running up to his car. As I was running I told him to make some room cause he didn't see me coming. When he seen me he had this shocked look on his face and was really gratefull afterwards. He told me "I didn't expect someone lookin like you to help but god bless ya"
That's awesome. I love that kind of stuff. I love helping people. I would definitely help someone in that situation. Now, if it were night time or even day time and it was a guy on the side of the road and I was alone, I don't think I'd stop to help because there are wayyyy too many weirdos out there but that is slim to none. I usually help anyone if I can. I like doing it. I get a high off of it. Especially helping animals... I will always do that, too.

That was really nice of you. I don't see how people driving by could just let an old man push a vehicle all alone.... sad world.

FriendlyCanadian said:
Honestly I don't think you would have done much to help someone else in this situation, it's GAS spraying everywhere, no one wants to get near that.

Would you go running to someones aid when the gas was spraying everywhere?

probably not.

the first human instinct is survival, running towards spraying gas doesn't really appeal to this instinct.
You don't have to run towards the gas to help... someone could have ran into the store which would have saved time/gasoline and the probability of something dangerous happening... the more gas sprays the more likely something bad could happen. I've been in situations, as I have said before, like this... and my first instinct wasn't survival or to run... it was to either help or figure out a way to help.

InquisitivePsyche said:
You don't have to run towards the gas to help... someone could have ran into the store which would have saved time/gasoline and the probability of something dangerous happening... the more gas sprays the more likely something bad could happen. I've been in situations, as I have said before, like this... and my first instinct wasn't survival or to run... it was to either help or figure out a way to help.

Fair enough, generally speaking someone in the store probably should have seen this and done something about it.

Either way you probably learned your lesson and won't be going back there to get gas.

InquisitivePsyche said:
That's awesome. I love that kind of stuff. I love helping people. I would definitely help someone in that situation. Now, if it were night time or even day time and it was a guy on the side of the road and I was alone, I don't think I'd stop to help because there are wayyyy too many weirdos out there but that is slim to none. I usually help anyone if I can. I like doing it. I get a high off of it. Especially helping animals... I will always do that, too.

That was really nice of you. I don't see how people driving by could just let an old man push a vehicle all alone.... sad world.
The funny part is that I was wearing sandals and shorts and no shirt and I have a large mean lookin tat on my back and I seen him looking at it when we were pushing the car. It was cool hearing his grandkids cheering us on while we were pushing. I just don't know how someone could watch a sr citizen try to push a boat of a car full of passengers.

FriendlyCanadian said:
Fair enough, generally speaking someone in the store probably should have seen this and done something about it.

Either way you probably learned your lesson and won't be going back there to get gas.
Agreed. And it was a Mobil so it wasn't a shitty gas station. I usually go there to fill my car up but I had never been to that one. Never again.

Top Bottom