Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Smell that is in protein shaker cups

I put it in the dishwasher and if they still smell I fill it up about 3/4 water and throw some dish soap in it shake and let sit for a few hrs, works like a charm

^^^ This works. Never had any problems with smell when washing shakers properly after having them sit for some time filled with hot water and dishwasher.

Now how to get rid of the yellow colour that some artificial coloring agents in BCAAs or EAAs caused is different question, I think that would require natriumhydroxide or something...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

After you wash it throw it in the fridge works for me. I'd be careful on the dishwasher though most cups say don't do it for good reason it causes the plastic to become porous and trap the protein in the pours which can lead to worse stink.

Wash/Rinse as soon as possible, after every use. Make sure that after you wash your cup, you dry it thoroughly and DO NOT put the top on it when you are not using it. If you put the top on, the moisture has nowhere to escape to and this makes the bacteria grow and the cup stink.
If your cup already stinks, you can put it over night in your freezer (after you wash and dry thoroughly). The temp in the freezer will kill the bacteria that is making your cup stink.
You can also fill your cup with the used coffee grinds from your coffee maker and leave it overnight.
Good luck.

Wash/Rinse as soon as possible, after every use. Make sure that after you wash your cup, you dry it thoroughly and DO NOT put the top on it when you are not using it. If you put the top on, the moisture has nowhere to escape to and this makes the bacteria grow and the cup stink.
If your cup already stinks, you can put it over night in your freezer (after you wash and dry thoroughly). The temp in the freezer will kill the bacteria that is making your cup stink.
You can also fill your cup with the used coffee grinds from your coffee maker and leave it overnight.
Good luck.

^^^this^^^^^
Never leave/store your shaker with the top on.

I never let mine sit. I thoroughly wash them after each use. But if I put the top on, even after thoroughly drying, the shaker will smell my the end of the day.

Leave the tops off. Problem solved.

Clean the cup with warm water and dish soap. Then fill the cup about halfway or a little more with white vinegar. Shake and let sit over night. It takes the smell right out.

You only have to do this when it really starts to stink…not every time you wash unless you want to.

a lot of good advice on here.. I agree with vinegar is a safe way to clean it.

you need to rinse it out immediately after use. don't let it sit. same goes for dishes or anything else.. food will attract bugs and bacteria quickly. I have a titanium water jug and even that gets nasty, I rinse out with HOT water after each use and that works.

Top Bottom