Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Small Rant about Beer.

I can't really speak on wine because I haven't researched it enough to weigh the pros and the cons. But I can speak intelligently about beer.

I don't think beer is the devil. Personally, I'll have beer 6 times a year: Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Super Bowl, 4th of July and Easter. I do this because these are days of celebration and I can bend the rules a little bit.

Any other time is mostly a no-no. And it's not because of the nutrition or lackof.

Beers are tasty and therein lies the problem. Like anything else tasty, it's very hard to be training and say you'll have just one. That's like eating clean all day and saying you'll have just a bite of a brownie. All you're really doing is setting yourself up for failure because one may lead to two, may lead to six, and it often does.

In general health, binge drinking is terrible. But most people accept that.

So the main dispute people seem to struggle with is having one beer with dinner or while watching the game. In terms of a long and lasting life, one beer a day won't kill you and recent studies prove it may be beneficial for your heart. [With dark beers, Bud Light doesn't count. Lol.] It's really a personal decision wether you have a beer with dinner or shun the thought.

One beer a day is not going to make you fat or force your benches to fall. But drinking a beer everyday might make your gains take twice as long. If you're lifting for general health, then you might not mind the inconvenience.

ZGzaZ said:
You only live life once man, have a little fun and don't be so uptight about it. Nor does alchohol "completely destroy your gains" ... If you can't have a good cold beer, watch your favorite pro team on sunday, then you're a midget.

:FRlol:

most people that serious about bodybuilding will know their "limits" on alcohol consumption. it took me 2 relationships, a band, lots of friends and a relocation to realize that 1 beer for me turns into 20 and a very bad attitude. not to mention the toxicity, as far as protein synthesis, etc....like sarge said....

that is why if i decide to go meet up with the crew at the bar (which is rare), i don't go until about 1am. that gives me an hour to think about what i'm doing..... :)

so i think it differs person to person

my uncle is an alcoholic in its strictest definition (beer is also "food", etc) and he is the skinniest person i know.....all skin and bones and zero (that is 0) muscle. and i mean ribs popping out man.... i've seen pictures of him before he sank and he was well-built. go figure.

Top Bottom