Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Slow Fat Loss. Fixing up Diet, help?

ark94

know this sounds silly, especially when you look at a video of me. But my BF is just not healthy for me, and I want to lose some of it to a desired BF that I am happy with. No cutting bulking nonsense, I want to lose it slowly once, then eat healthy and right from then on and gain LBM.

My stats:

Age - 16 (17 next month)
Height - 6ft / 6ft 1
Weight - 187-190 mid-day

Pics: When would you like pics? In the morning after sleep? Or in mid-day?

I have discussed this with Eric, and got my mentality right. He opened my eyes to understand what I really want to do, and how to say it because the way I explained it to him was ridiculous.

I don’t want to do any “yo-yo dieting”. Straight up slow BF loss, while maintaining muscle, or if not gaining more muscle. I won’t be hopping on a scale at all during the fat loss, just by visualization. However, a suggestion by Eric was to continue on doing my strength routine, and introduce conditioning. I plan on fully doing that, but I want to get a diet set along with that to help body fat loss as well as some cardio.

“Yo-yo dieting” is cutting and bulking, and taking a drastic approach to cutting where the plan is to lose a lot of weight in a short period of time, but you lose a lot of muscle at the same time. And usually when you go off the cut you will gain the weight back, I want to maintain a steady fat loss, and keep it off after.

What would a diet look like to help? I will be asking tons of questions if you don’t mind. I know about dieting, but I just need help making sure everything is set, I know a diet would look like:

Breakfast
(eggs, a 3:1 white to yolk ratio)
Fruits
2-3hours later
Meat
Fruits
Veggies

2-3hours later
Meat
Fruits
Veggies

2-3hours later
Meat
Fruits
Veggies

2-3hours later
Meat
Fruits
Veggies

2-3hours later
Meat
Fruits
Veggies

Should I cut out foods after 7? Or that just a myth?
I plan on starting this slow fat loss in February. I am starting accutane in February as well, so my diet has to be strict.
I don’t eat anything sugary, or drink milk. So I’m fine there.

Reasons for fat loss:

A lot is based on family history, and I don't want to take the same path. I know I won't, but my parents are willing to get the foods now, buy anything I need, and make the foods for me. Something that I cannot be 100% sure would happen later on in life.

As well, I was just talking to my dad, I don't normally do it much but he wishes he could have been slimmer, and has a good body. He also knows it takes great dedication, and a lot of mental work to achieve that. I want to do it for myself and for my dad as well. It is my own personal goal, always has been and will be. I want to achieve this.

QUESTIONS

How will my routine change? When will I do cardio, how much of it, and what type? Would I be doing cardio after my workouts, or strictly on off-days, with Thursday not counted because I squat on Friday. Would I be doing running? Or a steady pace cardio for an hour or two? Or 30minutes?

Would I be doing more isolation lifts, or can I stick with compound lifts?

I would love some help with a diet please.

Do I have to track everything and make sure I hit a certain amount of fats/carbs/proteins each day?

How will serving sizes work as well? THIS IS a major part I am always confused about. How will I go by portioning it so I can hit the target macros each day.

Really appreciate all the help!

What's your activity level like now? Any idea how much weight you want to lose? It sounds like you are talking about doing more of a body recomposition...dropping some body fat and gaining some muscle mass.

What's your activity level like now? Any idea how much weight you want to lose? It sounds like you are talking about doing more of a body recomposition...dropping some body fat and gaining some muscle mass.

I guess we can put it like that :)

As far as weight, i am not sure. I want to lose BF till im around 12-14%, or desired. I would guess im at 20% in my belly, or bit less. But in my legs, arms, back i would be around 16% or so. I am trying to get a caliper to test, but there sold out.

My activty level right now isn't all that great in terms of cardio. I am solid on my workout though, hitting it 3 times a week and mainly compound lifts. my training is revolved around strength.

What happened to all the posting on here? I remember there being so many more people helping out last year :(

know this sounds silly, especially when you look at a video of me. But my BF is just not healthy for me, and I want to lose some of it to a desired BF that I am happy with. No cutting bulking nonsense, I want to lose it slowly once, then eat healthy and right from then on and gain LBM.

My stats:

Age - 16 (17 next month)
Height - 6ft / 6ft 1
Weight - 187-190 mid-day

Pics: When would you like pics? In the morning after sleep? Or in mid-day?
Doesnt matter as long as you take the pics the same time of the day when you are tracking progress. Morning will make you look leaner though

I have discussed this with Eric, and got my mentality right. He opened my eyes to understand what I really want to do, and how to say it because the way I explained it to him was ridiculous.

I don’t want to do any “yo-yo dieting”. Straight up slow BF loss, while maintaining muscle, or if not gaining more muscle. I won’t be hopping on a scale at all during the fat loss, just by visualization. However, a suggestion by Eric was to continue on doing my strength routine, and introduce conditioning. I plan on fully doing that, but I want to get a diet set along with that to help body fat loss as well as some cardio.
I wouldnt step on the scale once in a while bro, just to track progress. But you are right, it is just a number. But it will be easier to reach your goal if you have a specific weight you want. You can find that out by finding out what you want your bf % to be, and how much muscle mass you wanna gain. I would look at ppl's pics online and use those as visual goals as well.

“Yo-yo dieting” is cutting and bulking, and taking a drastic approach to cutting where the plan is to lose a lot of weight in a short period of time, but you lose a lot of muscle at the same time. And usually when you go off the cut you will gain the weight back, I want to maintain a steady fat loss, and keep it off after.
I agree. Ive never had to cut in my life (good genes) but I would def wanna start lean and build off a solid diet rather than the yo-yo effect.

What would a diet look like to help? I will be asking tons of questions if you don’t mind. I know about dieting, but I just need help making sure everything is set, I know a diet would look like:

Breakfast
(eggs, a 3:1 white to yolk ratio)
Fruits
2-3hours later
Meat
Fruits
Veggies

2-3hours later
Meat
Fruits
Veggies

2-3hours later
Meat
Fruits
Veggies

2-3hours later
Meat
Fruits
Veggies

2-3hours later
Meat
Fruits
Veggies

Thats a pretty boring diet bro.

Should I cut out foods after 7? Or that just a myth?
imo just a myth but I would tend to eat less as you get closer to nighttime.
I plan on starting this slow fat loss in February. I am starting accutane in February as well, so my diet has to be strict.
I don’t eat anything sugary, or drink milk. So I’m fine there.

Reasons for fat loss:

A lot is based on family history, and I don't want to take the same path. I know I won't, but my parents are willing to get the foods now, buy anything I need, and make the foods for me. Something that I cannot be 100% sure would happen later on in life.

As well, I was just talking to my dad, I don't normally do it much but he wishes he could have been slimmer, and has a good body. He also knows it takes great dedication, and a lot of mental work to achieve that. I want to do it for myself and for my dad as well. It is my own personal goal, always has been and will be. I want to achieve this.

QUESTIONS

How will my routine change? When will I do cardio, how much of it, and what type? Would I be doing cardio after my workouts, or strictly on off-days, with Thursday not counted because I squat on Friday. Would I be doing running? Or a steady pace cardio for an hour or two? Or 30minutes?
WHat is ur current routine bro? If you are looking for fat loss with no muscle loss then HIIT would be the way to go. No reason to be on a treadmill for an hr. Hit that shit with some intensity. I would not do cardio after my workouts personally because id be too tired. You should do it on ur off day(s). When doing HIIT cardio id do 15-20 min, 2-3x a week.

Would I be doing more isolation lifts, or can I stick with compound lifts?
compound bro. If you wanna bring up a lagging part add some isolation but I would stick to the movements that burn the most calories, are the most time efficient, and the ones that will get you the strongest.

I would love some help with a diet please.

Do I have to track everything and make sure I hit a certain amount of fats/carbs/proteins each day?
No you dont. But if you dont see progress it will be hard to see what you need to change unless you eat the same thing every day. SO I would keep track of what you eat. I would keep track of everything if you wanna be serious about it.

How will serving sizes work as well? THIS IS a major part I am always confused about. How will I go by portioning it so I can hit the target macros each day.
Serving size isnt too hard bro, a fist is about 1 cup or 8 oz. I would eat to the point of being satiated, not full.

Really appreciate all the help!

see above lil bro

hi,
i agree,there is no need to get afraid for your creative diet. you can eat whatever you want but exercise regularly. reduce amount of your sweets, alcohol and junk food.drink lots of water and a get a 8 hour sleep.and if you want to check some more suggestion then check it in how-to-burn-belly-fat.yourhealthorbit.com

Top Bottom