Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

slayer - crazy train

hamstershaver

New member
saw that on lime wire and i was like damn i didnt know they remade that song, ive heard their remake of in a gadda da vida and that kicks ass so i decided to download it to see how good they did ozzy
i play it and it was alter of sacrifice :rolleyes:
pwned
 
lol, you shoulda known Tom and company wouldn't stoop that low, even today... (I don't like their new material much... the kinda pulled a Metallica after Devine... )



:cow:
 
samoth said:
lol, you shoulda known Tom and company wouldn't stoop that low, even today... (I don't like their new material much... the kinda pulled a Metallica after Devine... )



:cow:
i didnt think so, but i had to check it out
thats the first song ive ever downloaded that was misslabled
and yeah i agree on your metallica comment after devine, ive heard peeps say they even pulled it on devine
 
hamstershaver said:
i didnt think so, but i had to check it out
thats the first song ive ever downloaded that was misslabled
and yeah i agree on your metallica comment after devine, ive heard peeps say they even pulled it on devine

I would relate Devine to the Black album. They were both great albums... just... different. They both seemed to symbolize a change in direction for the bands... with Metallica's being much more abstruse.



:cow:
 
samoth said:
I would relate Devine to the Black album. They were both great albums... just... different. They both seemed to symbolize a change in direction for the bands... with Metallica's being much more abstruse.



:cow:
i always related metallicas change in direction as burton dying and the and justice for all album
 
hamstershaver said:
i always related metallicas change in direction as burton dying and the and justice for all album

Oh yeah, definitely. But after Metallica died and the MTV repacements took over, that was the biggest change by far.



:cow:
 
ill never forget buying justice the first day it came out after waiting all that time and being like damn this doesnt sound like metallica, it did grow on me though
 
hamstershaver said:
ill never forget buying justice the first day it came out after waiting all that time and being like damn this doesnt sound like metallica, it did grow on me though

You're older than me, so I never really heard of Metallica until Justice-era. That's when they got 'popular' and their first hit (?) single. I was born in 1980, so I look at that era a bit differently than someone who went through it during their teenage or older years. I definitely see where you're coming from, though.

Metal was such a different entity in the 80's, lol. I never heard of stuff like Kreator, Sodom, Destruction, Venom, Bathory or any other big-name metal band back then. It was Metallica = metal, and Slayer was that satanic super-heavy band that one had to hide from their parents, lol.



:cow:
 
samoth said:
You're older than me, so I never really heard of Metallica until Justice-era. That's when they got 'popular' and their first hit (?) single. I was born in 1980, so I look at that era a bit differently than someone who went through it during their teenage or older years. I definitely see where you're coming from, though.

Metal was such a different entity in the 80's, lol. I never heard of stuff like Kreator, Sodom, Destruction, Venom, Bathory or any other big-name metal band back then. It was Metallica = metal, and Slayer was that satanic super-heavy band that one had to hide from their parents, lol.



:cow:
yeah me and you are exactly 10yrs apart in age, as you know we share the same b day
i grew up on ride the lightning and master of puppets, hell by the time justice came out i was out of highschool
 
randy rhoades woulda been god had he not died.. a fuckin shame!
 
hamstershaver said:
yeah me and you are exactly 10yrs apart in age, as you know we share the same b day
i grew up on ride the lightning and master of puppets, hell by the time justice came out i was out of highschool

Damn...same here. But I listened to all kinds of shit though....but damn, the Metallica similarities are pretty weird. I listened to Fade To Black over and over...For Whom The Bell Tolls....Call of Katulu. Dave Mustaine played on that one. Got canned before Puppets though.
 
hamstershaver said:
yeah me and you are exactly 10yrs apart in age, as you know we share the same b day
i grew up on ride the lightning and master of puppets, hell by the time justice came out i was out of highschool

Ride the Lightning remains Metallica's undisputed best album of all time. (Me and a friend still argue this point a decade later, lol. He thinks Master is their greatest work, and I maintain Ride as their best.) Just listening to the opening solo to Trapped Under Ice shows their metal/thrash superiority to the perhaps more 'mature', yet musically inferior Master of Puppets.



:cow:
 
jack_schitt said:
Damn...same here. But I listened to all kinds of shit though....but damn, the Metallica similarities are pretty weird. I listened to Fade To Black over and over...For Whom The Bell Tolls....Call of Katulu. Dave Mustaine played on that one. Got canned before Puppets though.
i know mustaine was in metallica in the very early years but i thought he was gone by the time kill em all came out and hammett took his place
i dont even think there is a pic of him in that album, although he is credited with writing a few songs from that album and maybe even a few on ride the lightning (i think)
it ended up being a good thing, since i loved megadeth too
 
samoth said:
Ride the Lightning remains Metallica's undisputed best album of all time. (Me and a friend still argue this point a decade later, lol. He thinks Master is their greatest work, and I maintain Ride as their best.) Just listening to the opening solo to Trapped Under Ice shows their metal/thrash superiority to the perhaps more 'mature', yet musically inferior Master of Puppets.



:cow:
rtl is definately my fav metallica album with master coming in 2nd
 
hamstershaver said:
i know mustaine was in metallica in the very early years but i thought he was gone by the time kill em all came out and hammett took his place
i dont even think there is a pic of him in that album, although he is credited with writing a few songs from that album and maybe even a few on ride the lightning (i think)
it ended up being a good thing, since i loved megadeth too

From what I remember, James couldn't master the rythem guitar for the song Ride the Lightning, so they had Dave come back to do it. Megadeth is another supreme band that changed style like Metallica. Although the U.S. Metallica and Europe Paradise Lost analogy is, in my opinion, the strongest and most interesting.



:cow:
 
omg look at these pics!!!!
early11.jpg
 
hamstershaver said:
saw that on lime wire and i was like damn i didnt know they remade that song, ive heard their remake of in a gadda da vida and that kicks ass so i decided to download it to see how good they did ozzy
i play it and it was alter of sacrifice :rolleyes:
pwned


i hate when they freegin name songs different than they are. you waste time downloading it just to find out its not the song you wanted.
 
hamstershaver said:
i know mustaine was in metallica in the very early years but i thought he was gone by the time kill em all came out and hammett took his place
i dont even think there is a pic of him in that album, although he is credited with writing a few songs from that album and maybe even a few on ride the lightning (i think)
it ended up being a good thing, since i loved megadeth too

I think you may be right. I know he had credit for some writings, but I'm not sure of when exactly they threw him out....I'd have to look it up. Hammet fit in better I think anyway. And I'm a big fan of Megadeth too..matter of fact, Nick Menza is a pretty basic drummer, generally speaking, but he is one of my favorites. Him and Mustaine fit together perfectly, as do Ulrich and Hammett. so I guess it was a good thing he got broomed from Metallica.
 
and justice is my fav metallica..
black was cool too..

the earlier ones are great... i thought the recording quality in kill em all sucked ass!
 
satchboogie said:
and justice is my fav metallica..
black was cool too..

the earlier ones are great... i thought the recording quality in kill em all sucked ass!
when a man lies, he murders some part of the world, these are the pale deaths which man miscall their lives, all this i cannot bear to witness any longer cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home
 
hamstershaver said:
when a man lies, he murders some part of the world, these are the pale deaths which man miscall their lives, all this i cannot bear to witness any longer cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home


amen.... lol
 
BTW, I highly recommend their "Cliff 'em All" video. Surprisingly great production. Their Day on the Green video coverage was top-notch.



:cow:
 
mustaine was tossed prior to Kill 'em All.

You guys probably know this, but listen to 4 Horsemen (Metallica-Kill 'em All) and Mechanix (Megadeth-Killing is my Business) and you will notice some startling similarities.

I personally like Mechanix better, as it is faster.
 
kethnaab said:
mustaine was tossed prior to Kill 'em All.

You guys probably know this, but listen to 4 Horsemen (Metallica-Kill 'em All) and Mechanix (Megadeth-Killing is my Business) and you will notice some startling similarities.

I personally like Mechanix better, as it is faster.


Not similarities, but the same riff. Mustaine points that out on the "Rude Awakening" live disc/DVD.
 
My favourite is Master of Puppets, with out a doubt as big a mile stone as Iron Maidens Number of the Beast when that came out. I'd never heard anything like it...........Battery and Master blew my mind apart. I'd just got the hang of some Preist, Maiden and Saxon licks and then ............MOP completely had me at begginner status again. Im suprised that no one has mentioned the Black Album, which over here in the UK is more often than not classed as the bands most popular. Personally I found it very one tempo'd and boring.

Just for the record I'd like to say that the best Megadeth LP of all time is 'Peace Sells'.
 
i cannot believe that you guys are lumping divine intervention in with the black album. DI is slayers fastest and most techincal work. i never understood why so many metal fans hate that album. diabolus and GHUA, sure i see how they kinda fell off but NOT on DI

and slayer > metallica in every possible aspect
 
Wasn't the Metallica Black album the first produced by Bob Rock? "the man who killed metallica" I think I heard on the news that they were making a new album and going with Rick Rubin. Same producer for Slayer. If this is right I am cautiously excited. I haven't purchased a Metallica album since the Black "letdown". Fucking bob rock, convincing Jamz he can actually sing, and that he should do it often, what a dick. Fucking waste of a decade. Bringing in Rick Rubin m ay be the best move the band could possibly make. The only thing that could top it would be resurrecting Cliff Burton.

...and justice was the second metal album I'd ever listened to. And remains to this day my favorite album. Not just from metallica, but my favorite album of all. Its not so much speed as some of thier earlier stuff, and it has all of the heavy crunch from Puppets, and has a dark edge to it. I think the drumming by Lars is his best work to date. Though a drummer friend says its really overproduced???

And yes, Cliff 'em all was really fucking cool.
 
I don't think it's overproduced, underproduced if anything. The guitars and drums sound like a bag of dicks. I pray for the day when they remaster that and give me the album I wanted; one with weighty, crunchy guitars and drums that don't sound like someone tapping their fingers on a table.
 
From flah
I don't think it's overproduced, underproduced if anything. The guitars and drums sound like a bag of dicks. I pray for the day when they remaster that and give me the album I wanted; one with weighty, crunchy guitars and drums that don't sound like someone tapping their fingers on a table.

u r funny

ha

ha

ha
 
Top Bottom