Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

shoulders

ESQ

does working shoulders the day after chest hurt my shoulder growth. ive heard yes and no. any info would help.

I would advise against doing shoulders after chest day unless you're doing only flye-motion exercises for chest. LOL!!! (Who does that?) You're delts will need time off from the chest pressing. Either work chest and shoulders together in the same workout (which I'm not a big fan of) or move them so that they are at least 2 days, preferably 3 days apart in your training split.

THE PROBLEM IS IF I DONT WORKOUT SHOULDERS AFTER CHEST I DO IT THE DAY AFTER ARMS. AND I SEEM TO HAVE BETTER WORKOUTS(WEIGHT REPS) DOING THEM THE DAY AFTER CHEST

if u training a body part a day i see nothing wrong with,,
day 1 legs
day 2 back
day 3 chest
day 4 delts
day 5 arms
day 6 calfs and abs,,
day 7 rest..repeat

I think it's ok, and I have a weird argument as too why that is... Most people organize thier splits with 7 days in mind (becuase our weeks have 7 days right) usually it's a 4 day split.

Chest and shoulders are intimately related in terms of function and movement. There does not exist any chest exercise that will not involve the shoulders, so you must be carefull where you put it in your week for recuperation. D.O.M.S. will affect your shoulder workout if your chest is sore! the very next day your chest should be ok (DOMS hits peak in 72 hours for most) and then if you do shoulders the day after chest the chest and shoulders have 6 days of active rest to recuperate. now if you did shoulders mid-week (nothing wrong with that) but you would not have as many rest days to recover. I like to work these two muscle groups on the same day as I feel they are intimately related, however not all (or many) feel that this is appropriate practice.

in the future state your training split as this is very important info in answering something like this.

Also, this decision should be based on what body areas are your strength's or weaknesses or what you want.

I know symmetry is important, but I also know my wife loves Shoulders. I want to be able to totally blow out my Shoulders, and to do that I want them done by themselves and as rested as possible. Hence,

Chest/Tri
Back/Bi
Abs Cardio Rest
Legs
Shoulders YEA !!! .
Weekend Rest

Also, some of us have a 4-5 day splits because our weekends are too busy to get to the gym.

Top Bottom