Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Shoulder Training, Do you have a good routine?

LCBUTLER

This probably belongs on the training board, but I am looking for some new ideas for delt training. If you have good shoulder routine please share.

Thanks for any ideas....

3 set of warmup shoulder press
Barbell press (to front ), 4-6 reps, 3 sets
Seated Dumbbell press, 4-6 reps, 2 sets
Lateral raises, 6 reps, 2 sets....

I do traps with shoulders
3 sets of shrug warmup
Barbell shrugs 4-6 reps, 3 sets
upright rows (close grip), 6 reps, 2 sets

sets do not include warmups.. use weight that lets you get at least 4 but no more than 6. if you can only get 4 it's too heavy, if you can easily get 6 it's too light...

set amounts do not include the 3 sets of warmups

hope this helps, lift hard
~Yum

Last edited:
Shoulders are probably one of my best body parts, so I don't hit them as hard most of the time.....

Barbell Shoulder Press (behind the neck), 1 warmup, 3 sets, 10-8-6 reps

Seated Lateral raises on Machine, no warm up, 3 sets, 10-8-6 reps

Upright rows, no warm up, 3 sets, 10-8-6 reps

I usually hit traps on shoulder days too, I do dumbbell shrugs, 3 sets with moderate weight for 10 reps. I don't go very heavy with shrugs because I thinks it severely limits your full range of motion.

I do rear-delts on back days by doing bent-over flys, this ties in the back and the rear delts nicely.

Now when I say 10-8-6, that means that is your goal, once you hit 10-8-6 then you up your weights and the next time you might get 10-8-4 (or 9-7-5, or 10-6-4, etc) with your new weights, stay with those weights, until you can do 3 sets of 10-8-6, and then up them again.

Top Bottom