Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Shoulder Q?

Is starting your shoulder day better by starting with the heavier/pressing movements then progressing to the other types of movements better?

Altho thats what Ive implemented at one point or another, I also read that starting with your most dreaded or less fav move is also favorable and thats what Ive been doing lately. Lateral raises just suck, mainly because It doesnt feel like Im doing it right, it feels too easy even though I dont rock my body in any direction and theyre barely sore the next days.

Can you suggest a 5 movement X 3 sets each routine?

I always start my shoulder routine with the heavier presses, then finish with lateral, front, and rear raises. I don't like to pre-exhaust my delts, but some people do. Lateral raises shouldn't make your shoulders sore, and I find that you get more growth from heavy presses.

My shoulder routine is this,

military press- 4x6
machine shoulder press- 3x8
hammer strength behind the neck press-2x8
side, front, bent over raises- 2x8 each

I don't do db presses because of a previous injury, but you can replace the machine press with db press.

cwick0 said:
NO shrugs?

heavy presses first.

Yeah, I forgot to put those down.

I do

4x8-12 bb shrugs
4x8-12 db shrugs

Making sure to hold for a second at the top.

lately with shrugs ive been utilizing a very close grip with 225 on barbell, hands almost touching, nothing too heavy but a great burn, usually 2 sets of 15 reps. then we will finish with 3 sets of 10 with dbs.

also done wide-grip, then close-grip barbell to finish'em off.

yea, I always do the heavy compound pressing movments first (ie militaries) then finish em off with auxillary work with side, front, rear raises etc...

Top Bottom