Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Should training for RAW be different than training for a shirt?

jay btw...

i never asked you ...but do you often leave one or two reps in you?

one of the things in powerlifting usa...that karwoski said was that ...the greatest advice he got was from ed coan....to always leave 1-3 reps in you...thus keeping yourself from getting stale...and keeping the bar moving "fast"

waterman says this as well... he said that he always selects wts in training that he is sure of making...and always trys to move the bar fast...just like...westside...but not to that extreme of 60 percent max...more like 90-95 percent of max...but ...not creaking slow...

ive been finding myself to lift much better that way as well...esp with singles...like 3-5 at 95 percent work much better for me

Hey fellas I was wondering about that board press workout that Jay does. Is there a thread about it? i cant seem to find it and I would be curious enough to try it and see how it works for me.

If there is someone who could cut+paste Jay's board routine and post it if thats ok with Jay, that would help. Thanks

Cal.. our posts were deleted except a few. It got pretty verbal. He questioned me and my lifts openly when i defended my partner Brian. He then posted facts abotu me and questioned my state record. I posted the site of that along with my ranking and over 600 contest pics. Everything he questioned i supported. So then he attacked me on my shaved legs. Go figure? Then i got rude back and i said things out of line and finally we appoligised and its cool now.

My only point was he seen a pic of me benching, he found my WPO results and basically said i was only benching what i did cause of my shirt. He said put a pic of me raw, i said if you want but will end then? I am strong raw. And liek i told him if all equipment was banned tommorow, i would still finish were i do . Its all fine now and we both really got out of line and apologised but everyone calls out everyone. Just make sure the guy you call out doesnt have pics and websites to back up everything he says! Like I do!

That guy is strong as hell though. You oughta try his program, just becareful of the CNS. That to me would be the only set back. I wouldnt do it year round. Do it till it stops workin.

And since are posts have been deleted i dont think he is refereing to me in his posts. Someone else. I proved my legitiamacy. And he accknowledged my lifts raw and assisted. Just as i did his.

Last edited:
Sorry i put up the post above why you guys posted more.

Yes Cal ialways leave some in the bank! Not 3 maybe 1 or 2. Most of the time 1. But i push it sometimes were 1 more might not be possible. But if a max is going down that certain night as i go up to it many reps are left in the bank. I never fail. The only time i miss is on board presses. That is it. One thing you will never see is someone put there hands on my bar why i lift.

Cytomel do you want the whole deal or just board day? Email me.

before you guys drop speed day, please consider the following.....

people do their speed weight too heavy... myself included.

i may be repeating myself but let me tell you something i remember seeing when i was younger,

jerry obradovic (600 bench as a junior), 700 bencher now was doing speed weight with 315 with like 30 secs rest in between. that shit was flying up....... when he finished his eight sets, he went up a did 450/5 close grip....... can you guys add 135 lbs to your speed weight and go up and do five reps with it with virtually no rest?

i know i coudnt with the weight i used to use. i benched 585 and i was trying to use 275 and 315.... its only after my pec tear that i have gone back and thought about what i was doing wrong. i have learned what speed really means by starting out with a broom stick, clawing my way back to 135, 185, and finally 225. keep in mind, i can do 225 like 30 - 40 times. i still will not go heavier than that with speed weight until i break 550 again.

you need to see speed weight to see what it is all about. reading about it is not good enough.

george is using 245 now. dave tate says all their 600 benchers are using 205 - 225 raw weight and BANDS.

so before you throw the training in the garbage, check your ego for eight, 10 weeks, drop below 50% of your 1RM (shirted) for all your speed and see where you are at. oh yeah... dont forget ME day.

/irish

Top Bottom