Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Should I set up a trust fund for my kid?

HansNZ

Should I set up a trust fund for my kid, or will I be doing him/her a disadvantage by making things too easy, so that he/she is not self-motivated?

I think kids who have it easy often don't have that drive that other kids have, but at the same time if I had had a few hundred thousand dollars waiting for me when I was 21, it would have given me at least a good 10 year head-start financially.

I'd get a 90% mortgage on some investment property and let the rent pay the mortgage off over 21 years, so that it is free-hold by the time my kid comes of age. It wouldn't be a huge outlay for me initially.

What do you think? Opinions, esp. from those with kids.

Yeah, you should set up a trust-fund. Furthermore, you should appoint me as the manager of your trust fund.

I know they can clone sheep and humans and all that nowadays......but crap! Well science can do wonders.

Stan O'Zolol said:

I was thinking the same thing. Aren't you gay?

Yes, I am gay.

My best friend is 10 years older than me. A couple of years back she suggested to me that when she hits 40 (she's 38 now), if she hasn't settled down with someone, she'd like me to father a child for her. She says by 40 it will be her last chance.

She's a part of my family, she likes me (obviously) and considers me to have a good set of genetics. She is keen to be a mother, so I want to help her out. The kid would live with her of course, and i'd have input as the father.

Last edited:
Hello people! If the man has sperm then he can have children! Also, there is such a thing as adoption you sillies.

If I had the means I would have the fund for the child but not tell them about it. And only give it to them if they were the kind of kid who worked hard in school and wasn't selfish, spoiled and egocentric.

We can do the best we can with our children, but ultimately one day they become adults and make their own choices.

Sometimes we help those that we love the most by letting them make their own way in life.

Just my .02

HansNZ said:

Yes, I am gay.

My best friend is 10 years older than me. A couple of years back she suggested to me that when she hits 40 (she's 38 now), if she hasn't settled down with someone, she'd like me to father a child for her. She says by 40 it will be her last chance.

She's a part of my family, she likes me (obviously) and considers me to have a good set of genetics. She is keen to be a mother, so I want be happy to help her out. The kid would live with her of course, and i'd have input as the father.

no offense, but that really isnt in the kid's best interest. the kid should try to have as much of a normal home as possible ie a mom and a dad living in the same place.

your friend sounds like she is being awfully selfish and only thinking of herself.

bikinimom said:
Hello people! If the man has sperm then he can have children! Also, there is such a thing as adoption you sillies.

If I had the means I would have the fund for the child but not tell them about it. And only give it to them if they were the kind of kid who worked hard in school and wasn't selfish, spoiled and egocentric.

We can do the best we can with our children, but ultimately one day they become adults and make their own choices.

Sometimes we help those that we love the most by letting them make their own way in life.

Just my .02

My best friend says that she'll take financial responsibility for the kid. Even though she earns as much as two people put together, I still want to help out in some way, even if it is only $150 a week. I'm aiming for the fund to be worth around the $250,000 mark by the age of 21.

The trust fund would help me out too. I'd probably have to subsidise it for the first five years, but after that it would be able to provide a weekly income to the mother of its own accord. It would also help with big costs along the way, i.e. computers for school, school trips, etc. It would pay university fees and provide a weekly income while the kid is studying too.

I'd loved to have finished college with 250k!

Last edited:
p0ink said:

no offense, but that really isnt in the kid's best interest. the kid should try to have as much of a normal home as possible ie a mom and a dad living in the same place.

your friend sounds like she is being awfully selfish and only thinking of herself.

What a load of rubbish! Take your conservative/christian/republican OPINIONS of what a "good" family environment is and go elsewhere.

This is a thread about TRUST FUNDS. Don't try an hijack it. I don't berate you for the psychological trauma you will cause your kids by exposing them to a corrupt religion or a regressive conservatism.

Top Bottom