Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Shedding off the wieght.

Gymbecile

New member
I'm a 17 year old Male.. And over the past 6 months, I've gained about 40 pounds, making me 196 pounds. I tell people how much I wiegh, but they usually don't believe me *in a good sense* So It's not like I'm obese, but I'm not happy with this wieght at all. So about 2 months ago, I decided I was gonna take action and lose the wieght. I joined the forums at http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/ and asked how I should go about it. They gave me a list of supplements that were invaluable or helpful, and told me what they did and such. I got LOTS of supplements. Calcium, Chromium, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, ZMA, Flax Seed Oil Pills, Protein, Creatine, Glutamine... And it was time to make a meal plan... And suddenly, no one would help me over there anymore.. So 2 months later, I wiegh the same *or more*, I have all these supplements... And I don't know what to do! There are so many different diets.. I basically just want to burn this fat off as fast and efficiently as possible, and I'm willing to work as hard as it takes to do it. The stats I got are basically...

Age: 17
Wieght: 196 LBS.
Gender: Male
BF% *estimate.. sorry* 20%

I just want some help making a meal plan and.. Generally getting me on the right track. I was told about these forums.. And since ABCBodybuilding sucks, and I've heard good things about this place, here I am :D.
 
What is your current diet? If you don't know then you need a food log to track EVERYTHING you eat. Some people, like myself, do better on a high protein moderate fat and carb diet while others require a keto diet. A few do very well on high carb low fat diet. You need to figure out which type you are and go from there. That's why it's important to keep a food log.
 
The thing is.. Right now I don't really *have* a diet plan. What I'm taking in shouldn't really be taken into consideration because I can tell you right now, I shouldn't be eating it. :worried: That's exactly why I want to start a diet plan.. If I fail to plan, I'm planning to fail >_<.
 
You should know your current KCal requirements as well as the levels of macronutrients (protein, carbs, fats) you're taking in. Randomly assigning a caloric level is not optimal IMO.
 
A good starting point (until you know better how your body responds to various macronutrient ratios) is to first identify how many calories you you need daily. You gotta have a deficit or you won't lose anything. ROUGHLY 12-15x body weight is maintenance level. So about 500 calories less than that should be your daily total. Within your caloric needs, make sure you're getting at least 1g protein/lb body weight. Eat like 5-6 times a day (divide calories into small meals every 2-3 hours) so you're gonna have to do a little homework on the nutrients/calories in different foods. Keep it clean as you can.

You probably didn't get a lot of advice on how to take all those supplements (which arent wholly necessary anyway, imho) because they either don't take them themselves or they don't wanna be responsible for how YOU take them. Read the bottles, act accordingly is my advice.
 
Then my maintenance would be 2352.. Minus 500 / 6 = 308.. So six meals a day, at 308 calories each? Should I evenly spread 196 of protein over the 6 meals? How many carbs should I be getting?
 
Find you BMR, and eat 500 less than that. You'll lose roughly a pound a week.

To find your BMR either multiply your bodyweight by 12 or...

-Divide your weight by 2.2 (to get your weight in kilograms).
-Multiply that by 24 (hours in a day)
That's your BMR.

Then determine activity level. So...
BMR x AL
---1.0-1.1 Rather sedentary all day
---1.1-1.2 Light office work, on feet some of the day
---1.2-1.3 Heavier work, on foot most of the day - carpentry and such
---1.4-1.5 Prof. athlete

Not exact with the activity levels, but it'll give you a good idea. Multiply your BMR by 1.1 if you're sitting most of the day. That's how many cals you need to maintain. Subtract 500. Eat that much. Lose weight.
 
Hmmm, ok *nods* But how should I allocate my protein throughout the day? And how many carbs should I get? How much of the protein should be from supplements? Sorry I'm bombarding with questions.. I just hunger for information :P.
 
Don't get too caught up in the details right away. Get the basics down, then tweak.
Try to evenly distribute your protein into each meal (post workout shake excluded). Get as musch of it from real food as you can. If it's more convenient or needed to make up the difference somewhere, then go for supplements. Carb/fat/prot ratio is pretty subjective. Different people get different responses on high/low carb diets. Start with "moderate" carbs. Then when you start to get a gauge on how your body is responding, you can move ratios around.
Thats my $0.02 anyway.
 
What I heard from Casual is that there's no need to allocate the protein throughout the day. As long as you get it down by the days end you're okay. I mean, don't go six hours without anything, but details are minor. Worry about getting all that food down in general.
 
ANBP Diet worked for me.

17lbs in 8 weeks, I shit you not.

Mr. X's ANBP Diet is the best cutting diet ever. Look for the sticky thread at the top of this forum. All you need is whey, anbp, fish or flax oil, and a multivitamin w/calcium. Mix in some willpower and a healthy amount of cardio and maintenance lifting and you're good.
 
Tom Treutlein said:
A lot of people ended up with some problems from that, from what I understand. A CKD would be much better.
I've been reading of a lot of people having success with CKD on this site. I'm going to have to read up on it.
 
Could anyone link me to the CKD? Right now, I'm trying out the peanut butter diet. For each spoonful, should I cut it at the top? Should it be heaping? Also:

"Take 2-3 tabs of Multi vit/min, 500mg Vit C per day, 2 caps Vit E and 1 tab of the vit A/D combo. For the calcium, 500mg per day."

I got the calcium, the Multi Vit, and the Vitamin C and E. Don't got an A or D.. But I mean.. 2-3 Multi-vitamins? :S Isn't that a bit much?
 
Bah, I still got a lot of questions and such. After running the other day, my legs were.. Well.. "Dead", aching all over, ect. Should I wait for a day or two till they're healed? Also, *this is probably too general of a question* how exactly does muscle growth work? I think knowing that fact would be quite helpful ;). I'll just lay out all my questions:

-Is there an optimal time for taking protein?

-Is it true that higher reps/less wieght specializes in making your muscles grow in mass, while lower reps/higher wieght specializes in the actual strength instead?

-I read that having a cheat day can actually be a good thing. Yes? No? If yes.. Why :S?

-While maintaining, should I do heavier wieghts lower reps? or lower wieghts higher reps. Should I really push myself? Or go easy.

-How long should I let my muscles rest after wieght training?

-When running, and you *have* to stop for a breather, are you going too fast?

Sorry for the influx of questions X_X.
 
Gymbecile said:
Bah, I still got a lot of questions and such. After running the other day, my legs were.. Well.. "Dead", aching all over, ect. Should I wait for a day or two till they're healed? Also, *this is probably too general of a question* how exactly does muscle growth work? I think knowing that fact would be quite helpful ;). I'll just lay out all my questions:

-Is there an optimal time for taking protein?

-Is it true that higher reps/less wieght specializes in making your muscles grow in mass, while lower reps/higher wieght specializes in the actual strength instead?

-I read that having a cheat day can actually be a good thing. Yes? No? If yes.. Why :S?

-While maintaining, should I do heavier wieghts lower reps? or lower wieghts higher reps. Should I really push myself? Or go easy.

-How long should I let my muscles rest after wieght training?

-When running, and you *have* to stop for a breather, are you going too fast?

Sorry for the influx of questions X_X.


Don't appologize for asking questions. Information... It's why we're all here. I can answer most of your questions. The other members might be well suited to another the others.

As far as rest goes for your legs, the answer is yes. Rest your legs. If this is the first time you've been really exercising in awhile and your legs are sore, rest them. Rest them for a couple of days until you feel you aren't sore anymore and can go again.

-Is there an optimal time for taking protein?

That all depends. If your trying to gain muscle, then you would always take it after a workout. If someone was trying to cut and lose weight and retain some muscle, you would take protein in all day. How much depends on the person.

-Is it true that higher reps/less wieght specializes in making your muscles grow in mass, while lower reps/higher wieght specializes in the actual strength instead?

This is debatable and has been for a long time so I'm going to leave it alone. I do believe though, that lower reps/higher weight is the go for size and strength.

-I read that having a cheat day can actually be a good thing. Yes? No? If yes.. Why :S?

I think the main reason it's good is to reward yourself mentally for dieting so much. It's breaks up the monotony and we all enjoy it. Cheating one day, unless your a pro, won't hurt if you've kept a good strong diet for a long period of time.

-How long should I let my muscles rest after wieght training?

I believe a week. If you truly work out a part of your body really hard, then i'd wait a week. That is of course if your natural and not on anything. Other might disagree, but I believe you need time for your body to heal and to avoid overtraining.

-When running, and you *have* to stop for a breather, are you going too fast?

This depends again. What kind of running are you doing? Whats your heart range that your going for? Are you doing HIIT? Whats your main goal with this cardio?
 
Thanks a lot for the replies :) I've really learned alot.. And I *think* I've got my diet figured out. What do you all think? If you need to know my stats, they're at the top of the page.

The ANPB diet:

Formula from Article:

Maintenance calories *x 12 LBS*: 2352
Diet daily calorie intake *as suggested in the actual article, a 5% deficiency* 2234
Daily protein intake: 139.5g

Now, after a bit of work, I got this. Keep in mind, all this is, is ANPB and WHEY.

Daily calories: 2100
Daily protein intake: 144g

Each meal I have is 2.8 TBSPs of ANPB *13 grams of protein and 275 cals* and one scoop of my WHEY. Each scoop *it's a small little scooper, you're supposed to use 2 per serving* has 11g of protein and 75 cal. So I have one scoop of that each meal. At the end of the day, I pretty much get what I need both caloric wise and protein wise.. Any comments? Look good?

P.S. My goal for cardio is to lose as much fat as possible, as efficiently as possible.

P.S.S. Should I really take 2-3 multi-vitamins a day?
 
Last edited:
Good luck with Mr. X's ANPB diet. I'm the same one. I the first month I lost 14 pounds of fat and 1 lb of muscle. It's really a great diet if you can handle it. Suggestions? Get some R-ALA for your carb ups, you should most def take 2-3 multis a day, get some t-rex so your cardio won't be too sluggish. If can get past the headaches the 1st day or so, you'll have a lot more energy once your in ketosis. Oh yeah and drink LOTS and LOTS of water. Good luck and keep us posted with your progress. It's a hard diet to keep, but it's really worth it in the end.
 
If the diet doesn't call for it, then I'd follow it word for word. Some people sub a scoop of anpb for a tbsn of flax. When you take it is all up to you too. Some people think it helps at night and some in the morning. So it's really up to you.l Creatine is a personal preference also... i don't like creatine while i'm cutting because it adds water weight. Glutamine would be the total opposite of the diet because your trying to stay in ketosis. Do a little more research on the diet so you know what your getting yourself into and learn about ketosis. A anpb diet is bascially a easier to follow ckd. I love it because it's so simple, you can't go wrong. The forums at www.c-k-d.com are a good resource also.
 
I've already lost a few of pounds :D. Not sure if that's an initial reaction or something.. But I wiegh 192 as opposed to 196. Should I change how much peanut butter I take in throughout the cut depending on my wieght?
 
initially you'll lose 5-10 which will most likely be water and glycogen. I change up my calculations weekly. don't do it every day... it's too hard to factor everything in.
 
Heh, Wow. Well, so far I've fought the cravings.. You see, my family not only likes to make very unhealthy food for dinner, they like to literally taunt me with it :P. I got a question.. How long do you think it takes to lose like.. 30 pounds using this diet? I mean, if you had to estimate VERY roughly.
 
I can't answer that. There are so many varibles and I lack the knowledge on how to do it. Actually I don't think anyone can answer that. Everyone is different. I did 14 pounds in one month and that's with a lot of cardio. If your extremely overweight, then you might lose weight faster than a normal person. But still it depends on your body type, the cardio you do, your work outs, etc...
 
Ok.. A few things to add. According to Fitday.com, my ratios are:

Fat: 60%, Protein: 28%, Carbs: 12%

The only variable is my protein powder.. Is this ratio alright? Or should I get a different brand.

My protein *40g serving* is as follows:

150 cals
22g of protein
13g of carbs
2g of fat

Good protein? Or bad. I really wanna get this right.
 
The thing is.. I'm Canadian.. And I don't know any websites that sell that X_X. Maybe I should browse some of the local shops? Where did you get yours? *if it wasn't a local shop, I mean*
 
Last edited:
Top Bottom