Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sharp Pain In Shins When Pressing 1200lbs On Leg Presses...Solutions?

WalkingBeast

Elite Dementor
Platinum
Hey everyone!! I have no problem strength wise repping 1200lbs on the leg press. But whenever I go to unrack the weight I get intense pain in my shins. I was able to rep 1100lbs for 20 even though the pain was present. With 1200lbs though, the pain is VERY sharp. Like shin splints, but much worse. What type of weakness is this? Anything I can do to correct it? The reason Ive been doing leg presses, and not working on squats is due to clicking in my lower back/tailbone area whenever I try to get bench depth on squats. If I could correct this I would stop the leg presses and concentrate on squats. So suggestions on that would be very helpful as well. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!

Try raising/lowering your feet on the platform.

Dial_tone said:
Try raising/lowering your feet on the platform.

Yep adjust your footing. Also what does the routine for your lower legs look like? The muscle in them are stabilizers for your compound movements for thighs.

try putting your hands behind your head....bet that cuts the weight, thus reducing tension........thats what I did and the weight I could use came way down..........

JKurz1 said:
try putting your hands behind your head....bet that cuts the weight, thus reducing tension........thats what I did and the weight I could use came way down..........

LoL partial reps sometimes are not all that bad, as long as they used strictly as a very short term method to shock the muscles. I used to do 1/4th reps on the leg press with 1600 lbs, and would go as high as 200 reps per set that way, without locking out at the top either, leaving the muscles under constant tention. It burns like nothing else I have done, however I only recomending playing with heavy partials as a temporary method to overcome a plateu, and they need to be done with extreme intensity to get any benefit.

I realized that after I posted it, but then thought if he's doing partials, that could be what is causing the pain...........I get the same thing, the only way to combat it is to reduce the weight...beast - maybe try one legged press......?

Top Bottom