Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Serious question...

It's derogatory only when used as a negative descriptor of something, as it insinuates that "gay" = substandard or less than good. "Gay", as far as I know, is not a derogatory term. This is VERY different from, for instance, using the term "(N-word)-rigged" to describe a lousy job on a repair. That is because not only does it use a word which decent people do not use, but it also insinuates that the person saying it thinks Black people can't fix something correctly, or some sort of nasty insult aside from the careless use of a hurtful word.

With that said, I'd rather just say that something looks goofy or poorly-thought out, or in the case of a failing repair, I might say "botched". That way, there's no need to think about who one might be insulting with or without meaning to.

I never knew that "Mormon" had any negative connotations, although among my friends of that faith, most say "L.D.S." .

Charles

cool fucking story

Reactions: ceo
People can't help what offends them. What you can do is not say something in front of someone once it offends them, why would you continue to offend someone if you knew it bothered them? I don't use that phrase around someone that might be offended, in fact I would only use it around certain people I know wouldn't be offended which is like, three people. It's not a good phrase to use on a regular basis in mixed company. It's just not polite.

Does it really matter if it offends or why or what you think about it? If it does, just apologize and don't use it again in front of them.

pffftt! Whatever! Offending people is fucking fun!

People are too fucking sensitive, you cant joke about nothing anymore. Whats wrong is when a group expects you to accept their lifestyle but is intolerant to anybody who respectully disagrees.

People are too fucking sensitive, you cant joke about nothing anymore. Whats wrong is when a group expects you to accept their lifestyle but is intolerant to anybody who respectully disagrees.

I'm intolerant to double negatives, you illiterate fuckwad.

Go fuck yourself you stunned cunt

Top Bottom