Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Serious question...

dabuffguy

EXECUTIVE KARMA THIEF
EF VIP
Can someone please explain to me why saying "that's gay" genuinely offends some people.

Or are they just being overly sensitive pussies finding a reason to be a bitch?

Likewise if someone says "that's retarded", who actually gets offended by that?

I have 6 downs syndrome cousins and when someone calls someone a retard or refers to someone as retarded, I couldn't care any less. Even their sisters, my other cousins, say "that's retarded" and they do not aim offense at anyone.

The most annoying part is that people actually know that when people use the terms in that context, they do not intend or imply and offense, yet they act like little crybabies and make a big deal out of nothing.

Would you be offended is someway said "that's Mormon" in a negative way?

*if
*someone

No, I wouldn't care at all. Originally, the term Mormon was likened to calling a jew a kike. It was used by haters to refer to Mormons negatively.

We just adopted it as a "slang" term because it became so common. Instead of getting pissed, I just don't even care.

Saying something is "gay" doesn't mean you are calling every gay person a faggot piece of shit, but that's how some people react.

The point is that people get so overly offended at something that has no intention of being offensive and it's retarded.

Because it's associating being gay with being bad/wrong/unacceptable/weird. If the whole country replaced gay with "your real name" you'd get tired of it too.

Mormons have always been very sensitive when it comes to homos' feelings and desires. Prop 8 comes to mind.

Sent from my LG-P999 using EliteFitness

Mormons have always been very sensitive when it comes to homos' feelings and desires. Prop 8 comes to mind.

Sent from my LG-P999 using EliteFitness

Lololololol

It's not really the issue of my insensitivity so much as it is an issue of their being overly sensitive.

Because it's associating being gay with being bad/wrong/unacceptable/weird. If the whole country replaced gay with "your real name" you'd get tired of it too.

It's socially acceptable for black people to call each other niggers.

Why?

Because it's not meant to be offensive. In fact, referring to someone as "my nigger" is an expression of love or brotherhood.

By default, a white person can't call a black person that. It's automatically offensive no matter the context.

If someone doesn't mean to be offensive and the other person knows that, yet they still choose to get bent out of shape, that's their own damn problem.

It's socially acceptable for black people to call each other niggers.

Why?

Because it's not meant to be offensive. In fact, referring to someone as "my nigger" is an expression of love or brotherhood.

By default, a white person can't call a black person that. It's automatically offensive no matter the context.

If someone doesn't mean to be offensive and the other person knows that, yet they still choose to get bent out of shape, that's their own damn problem.

I've heard black people justify calling each other "nigga" by saying it softens the impact when non-blacks say it.

So, are you gay? Do you call other gays "faggot" to soften the sting when non-gays call you a faggot?

I've heard black people justify calling each other "nigga" by saying it softens the impact when non-blacks say it.

So, are you gay? Do you call other gays "faggot" to soften the sting when non-gays call you a faggot?

People don't say "that's faggot" they say gay.

The biggest question I'm really asking is why people get so upset over something so minor when they know that people don't mean to be offensive anyways.

Top Bottom