Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Seated Dumbbell Press

anthrax

MVP
EF VIP
I waste half of my energy just grabbing the DBs (and almost hurt my shoulders)

How do you do guys when you don't have someone to help you pick the weights ?

I also have this problem. :( So I usually just do barbell military, cause my gym does have a nic military "bench" where the bar racks in front of you. Hope someone has a good solution...

I have the same problem when i get to my heavier sets..while seated put them on your thighs and kick them up one at a time..Ive found up high near the hip since its the shortest distance..If not then just ask someone in the gym im sure they will help you..

I'd never do db press without someone to lift one weight for me.. cleaning 100's and shuffling back, sitting down and pressing would be a nightmare

there's always at least one person to spot but if there wasnt I'd use a machine or the smith.. you need a spotter for barbell seated presses for safety imo

I put both DB's on my upper thighs in a standing position...then in one motion fall back into the seat and kick them up....I haven't had any problems except with the 85's when I needed someone to help me...

As for the Seated BB military...my gym got rid of their "station" for it so I am forced to use a power rack...don't need a spot as the safety bars work really well...and no one ever bothers me because very few use the power rack at all in my gym.

Personally I consider this a part of the workout. I Have never had anyone help me bring them up. However, when I get up to the 100's I will have someone help me out of the hole on the first rep. I just kick them up with my legs like the others.

I kick them up from my knees, never had a problem even up to the 130's. I don't like the idea of having someone hand me dumbells.

Kick them right up from knees/thighs. Takes some getting used to, but you'll get the hang of it. I kick one arm/leg at a time as I'm used to that method, but if you have absolutely nobody around to help then kicking it in one flowing motion upon sitting down (kicking both db's up at the same time) is probaly the best idea.

BTW, how heavy are you going on db press?

Top Bottom