Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Screw Dunkin Donuts!

foreigngirl said:
its hardly a customer service job - its Dunkin Donuts....

If you have to take orders from customers, you need to be able to communicate with them.

In my area the problem isn't foreign accents, it's ebonics.

Mr. dB said:
What do ya mean, pimp-tight sir? Are ya implying dat da fine gentlemen who gots grown up around an ethnic dialect iz giving ya uh hard tyme understanding they preferred method o' communication? in the hood

Ffactor said:
Another rant. Here's a conversation I had with a Dunkin Donuts guy this morning:

Me: Good morning. May I have an egg and cheese croissanwich please?
Him: Tippi licki tippi licki.
Me: I'm sorry?
Him: Flippitty flippitty flop flop
Me: Egg, and cheese croissanwich please.
Him: Dribe bindow please.
Me; Thanks.

I drive to the window and he hands a sandwich two iced lattes and an extra large coffee.

Me: Not my order.
Him: Ali baba tickli ticka

At this point I drag him out the window throw him beneath my car and run over him 50 times (not really, but that's what I wanted to do). Anyway, I'm not complaining but are there any Dunkin Donuts, 7-Elevens, Gas Stations or Motels owned by normal white people any more?
Since I live in Michigan, very close to Dearborn, (the largest population of Arabic outside of the middle east, something like 400,000 strong) I feel ya. It doesn't matter what gas station or party store I walk into, It goes like this:
Me; What's up bro
Him; good
Me; What's going on
Him; Fine
The only english they know is "$30.00 on 2" or "$20.00 on 7" etc.

Mr. dB said:
If you have to take orders from customers, you need to be able to communicate with them.

you missed my pointe - the employers are hiring them cause they DO know the language....its not their fault that they have accent. Sometimes I have hard time understanding some of the foreign accents too.
When I first came to USA, I had hard time to understand how black people talked (cause I was though british english) cause it sounded like a tottaly different language. And, when I went to Florida we stoped in Tenesee to McD to get food and I had to ask the lady like 6 times to repeat what she said....

ohashi said:
What do ya mean, pimp-tight sir? Are ya implying dat da fine gentlemen who gots grown up around an ethnic dialect iz giving ya uh hard tyme understanding they preferred method o' communication? in the hood

That was terrible. Just terrible.

Besides, the problem with understanding ebonics, especially through a drive-through window speaker, is that the speakers of that dialect seem unable to use consonants or articles.

SVT-TROY said:
Since I live in Michigan, very close to Dearborn, (the largest population of Arabic outside of the middle east, something like 400,000 strong) I feel ya. It doesn't matter what gas station or party store I walk into, It goes like this:
Me; What's up bro
Him; good
Me; What's going on
Him; Fine
The only english they know is "$30.00 on 2" or "$20.00 on 7" etc.

lol, thats so true...sometimes I throw habibti or shukran so I can put a big smile on their face

Top Bottom