Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ruptured Bicep tendon....

Addicted

snowboarding in Utah last weekend. At the elbow, not the shoulder. My left bicep is sitting about two inches higher than my right one, (great peak now:) ) and I'm really in no pain. I was wondering if I could postpone the surgery without doing further risk, or I should suck it up and take care of it now. (No lifting or snowboarding for at least 4 months) The doc says right away or I'll have to use part of my hamstring tendon in the future. Oh, and I am in the middle of grad school that will be finished this May. Any opinions on waiting to get it done?

I would get it taken care of right away myself. However you can possibly speed recovery greatly if you avoid his post surgery recomendations and avoid using anti-inflamatories. The inflamation will be painfull im sure but will also greatly aid the healing process.

Bicep Injury

Do a search on my name and I will have all kinds of info on your injury. I had mine reattached (on the radius bone) with screws. It is as good as new. Definately get it repaired ASAP so it will look normal again. Also, there shouldn't be much pain as it is torn off the bone and this is a lot less painfull than if the tendon was ripped partially.

Triple H

I pretty much agree with the other guys, if it's a complete rupture (which it is from your description, ie, riding high, painless, etc), get it done now; the last thing you want is a tendon transfer, and a wounded leg.
What Zyg says is true; they'll have you on mild narcotics anyway, so you can probably deal with the pain w/ those and/or Tylenol, and not interfere w/ normal inflammatory healing process.
(you can tell Zyg's a prolotherapy veteran!)

Gents,
I had my operation 9 days ago, and waited 9 days pre-op...I understand thant once the scar tissue is prevalent the tendon will not take to the bone. I had screw anchors.
Also isnt it the case that anti inflamatories reduce swelling and improve healing?

I take manganese, pottassium, vit a, b, c, d, e. BCAA and l-Arginine. I was back in the gym on the left side plus legs yesterday. i 've also been marching ang doing yoga.

I popped my distal during a judo last man standing type of effort. it was the last fight, it was scrapy, my arm was hyper and i threw the bloke like a rugby takedown,, contracting my right bicep.

My body was tired from boxing, judo, bjj, killer circuits with HIT, swimming 3/4 mile at lunchtime a few days per week (also the day before the pop). My body felt tired and i didnt want to be at the gym.. And i'm 41.

It was a clean snap at the stub with no freying. Twang, felt like a punch, no pain, but popeye.

Anyway I have many concerns/worries. please excuse my left hand typing.
Will i b able to do 150 lb curls again,
Will i be able to do pull ups and chins again (17 stones)
Is it likely i will be able to punch fast in boxing again..without rupture.
I started anavar at 5mg per day..this was 7 days before my injury. Do you think anavar weakened the tendon. I havent used it since, shoul i ditch it or cld it help rehab?
How soon will i be able to start training like a idiot again.

Triple H...is it possible to be as good as before..or will it be a life of compensating?

Many thanks

Top Bottom