Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Retiring From 5X5 - Need Help With New Training Routing

gymrat surfer

Hello everyone. Just want to say after a year of doing the 5X5, it has been a great run but have to switch routines for the following reasons...

A. Not willing to commit to eating tons of food.
B. I am over getting big.
C. With 5X5, it seems that my workouts would almost be 2 hours long.

What am I seeking?

I need help in finding a good thread of a routine that will keep me in overall great shape and if I happen to make gains in the process, great. If not, well that's o.k. too just as long as I am showing up and getting a good workout..

I prefer to hit the gym MON/WED/FRI.

If you can direct any links to previous threads or give any advice to developing a new routine, would greatly appreciate it.

Unfortunately, bodybuilding has become a lower priority at this point in my life and seeking more of a fitness approach towards lifting. Let's face it, bodybuilding requires true commitment!

Taken from bb.com;

"Warm-up of cardio 10 mins.

Tri-set this:
Chin-ups (bodyweight)- 10 reps
Dips-(bodyweight) 10 reps
Squats (bodyweight, and your weight in lbs on your back)-10 reps
Rest 1-2 mins tops
Then do it again, droping one rep of each. i.e.:
chin-ups- 9 reps
dips-9 reps
squats-9 reps
repeat until failure, or if you can get to one rep of each, go back UP and see if you can get to ten of each again. I myself can only get back up to 3 of each before totally gassed."

Ive been following this but modified slightly.

You could also try HST, full body workout 3x a week

Just posted this in another thread but I'll paste it here too. It's a pretty quick routine, has most bases covered and should allow you to continue with the gains you made on your 5x5. Just a pyramid style deal I typed up. Theres no ab-work built in but you could just as easily supplement it. I personally feel that direct ab-work is superfluous when you're trying to manage time:

Example Routine:

Day 1 -Squats
Back Squat
Warmup set 1: 135x15
Warmup set 2: 155x10
Working set 1: 185x10
Working set 2: 205x8
Working set 3: 225x6
Working set 4: 245x4

Good Mornings
3x8-10

Hack Squats
3x8-10

Day 2 (ohp 1st eo week, bench 1st eo week)
Bench Press
95x15
135x10
185x12
225x8
245x6
275x3

OHP-right into working sets
95x10
135x8
155x6
170x3

Tate Press
3x10

Face Pulls
3x15

Day 3-pulls

Deadlift
135x10
225x10
275x10
325x8
380x5
415x2

GHR
3x10

Dumbell Row-heavy
3x10+

Chins
3x6-8

Just an idea...each day shouldnt take much more than 45 mins to an hour, the most important bases are covered and the routine is well rounded as long as you can make yourself do a little better every week by either setting higher rep or weight PR's.

Top Bottom